Monday, March 22, 2010

DAY EIGHTY ONE- Healthier Eating Journal

I just typed this entire blog then hit "view blog" without saving....
Sorry... can't do it again.

Long story short-
Breakfast- I cooked my spinach/egg omelet and added orange bell peppers. Split the banana with my husband and drizzled smuckers sugar free syrup on them. Had a piece of whole wheat toast w/butter spray. 300 calorie breakfast
Lunch- I made sandwiches (I had 1/2 sandwich) and finished of my basalmic chips (400 calories)
Supper- We were on the road so the husband had a craving for the A&W rootbeer float. And just when I was bragging on him. He also had a small fry. He did get the 12 oz. float though (320 calories) and the fries (230) calories. I ordered a kid's hamburger and of course it was 250 calories. That's all I had because I had flashbacks of how many calories the Jr. Whopper had been in the past! Then when we went to the store to buy a dvd player (since the yard sale one didn't work) he checked the calories on pie and I was shocked when the chocolate pie he picked up was only 160 calories per slice. Of course after we got it home and tasted it, we found out why it was low calorie-- SUGAR FREE! It was nasty! It was zero calories because no one could swallow it!
So we played a new dice game, zilch, and I had cheese and crackers (200 cal.) instead. Pecan wheatables (140 calories for 19 crackers). They were yummy! Had a handful of pretzels later too-- low cal. snack. Supper wasn't that healthy and it felt like it. 1300-1400 calorie day.

I've decided I think way too much about my meals. Like I've never thought about it before and that's bad... but thinking it about it all the time is just as bad! So... the rest of this week I will still post menus and blog about my day, but I'm going to enjoy my break and make healthy choices within the activities and at the places we end up over the break. Hopefully I won't backslide, but if I do, you'll read about it and help me get back on track again.

I will not be skipping my crunches. I like my strong stomach. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed