Thursday, March 18, 2010

DAY SEVENTY SEVEN- Healthier Eating Journal

Some days... I won't lie... it's a pain in the Kiester to log on here and write about my day. Some days.... this is far more demanding than exercising or watching what I eat. But... I didn't just commit to change the way I eat or exercise... I committed to write it down and journal it EVERY DAY. (what was I thinking?!) And of course it's built into me as a competitor to meet my goal. Good thing because with three followers... it'd be easy just to quit. That's why I made myself put it in writing and make it public... accountability outside of myself. Some days I'd like to backslide. Sounds wrong.. doesn't it. But no.... I have to write about it.

Okay... whining's over and I'll "just do it!"

For breakfast my husband made me my one egg omelet w/spinach and low fat mozzarella with a piece of slightly burnt toast-- reduces the calories that way-- you won't eat it. :) Love you honey. I forgot my water bottle today and man what a difference that makes. No flushing my system, keeping hydrated, or making my stomach feel full. VERY BAD. For lunch the lunch ladies watched out for me again. I bounced from line to line and took the brown rice from one line and topped it with steamed broccoli from another and made room for some fresh cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes in a little vinegar. That was my lunch. After school I had a snack because we had P/T conferences again tonight until 8pm. I had some cottage cheese and chips. I also had one of Mandy's homemade blueberry muffins (140 calories). At 380 calories it was more like a mini dinner than a snack! but I only had 250 calories for lunch. At this point I was at 690-700 calories for the day. We got a break at 6:00 for supper. They actually had really healthy food brought in (minus the pizza). I didn't eat the pizza. I had grapes, pineapple, crackers w/salmon dip, and a grilled chicken patty. That was way more than I had planned to eat but still only came out to about almost 400 calories. Today's total was 1100-1200 and that is my goal.

I also walked home and the wind was a little colder than I thought it'd be. I suppose that burns more calories though. :) So now it's SPRING BREAK! I hope the weather is nice so all the students can get outside and enjoy it and I can plant some things and go on some bike rides. Oh, and have a pajama day somewhere in there. Tomorrow the grandkids are coming so that will be tomorrow's exercise. Probably doing the Wiggles workout or the Wii workout... or both!!! That's why they're all toothpicks (except me) :) They're ADD (like me and their parents) :) Love ya Jer. I'm excited for them to see the new bedroom and to be able to play at the park right by my house now that the weather is nice. Even with all the activities I know we'll do, I'll still do my bedroom crunches and squats because I know they tone and strengthen my core. Plus, it's such a good, easy habit now, that it would be silly to stop. Just like writing this blog... it's a pain, but the gain outweighs the pain. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed