Friday, March 26, 2010

DAY EIGHTY FIVE- Healthier Eating Journal

What a day of ups and downs. The husband cooked breakfast and he made me my eggs w/spinach, whole wheat toast w/butter spray, and bacon. Calories for breakfast...300 Having breakfast with my husband.... priceless. :D So he has to hit the road again. Most of you who follow my blog know he's not a trucker or traveling salesman... you know that we took jobs on either side of the state this year so I could be down here to help with family and both of us will be down here in approximately three months. I orginally thought this was a rare experience, but throughout this ordeal, I have had so many couples share similar stories with me of some time in their life that they had to be separated-- job related for a period. We have been together since we were teenagers, so this has been difficult, but we have survived and if anything, grown even closer and I didn't think that was possible.

Okay, so we got him all packed up and handed him off to the middle son so he could catch a ride back home with them. They were going back home for a baby blessing and wedding. They'll get to stay in one of our vacant bedrooms now in our large beautiful house that we have on the market in anticipation of the upcoming move. After we all said our good-byes Mandy and Relly and I headed home. Mandy pointed out a yard sale sign and we stopped. Guess what they had. PX90-- the set on DVDS (I think there are 6 DVD's total in the case). I talked him down to $5.00 and throw in the used VCR. We still have VHS movies in our house (don't laugh... Relly likes them). I'm going to try out the DVD's tomorrow. Too much going on today.

We ate leftovers for lunch-- a small, think cut porkchop and mashed potatoes from last night (no gravy) with peas. I also had a piece of leftover bacon but it was a cheap brand of that wafer thin stuff, so I'm not even sure I'd count the full 45 calories (but I will). Later on we played cards and I ate some wheatables (10) and half of the 100 count minipouch popcorn. Mandy cooked dinner and made her chicken stir fry with rice, chicken, and zucchini and broccoli. It's always awkward to get myself refocused when my sweetie heads back home. I feel a little lost for the rest of the day. I'm glad Mandy is here with me and little Relly. It helps a lot.

As far as exercise today, I just did my normal bedroom workout with squats, lunges, tai chi moves, crunches and cycles. Mandy's friend Sam is coming over tomorrow to cook us dinner. This is a child who kept me up more nights than I can remember with her laughing and snoring when she spent the night in high school. She's threatened to bring my favorite ice cream and lots of junk food. Well Sam... this chunky monkey isn't going to fall for those food temptations! I might have to whip up some healthy food as backup! :D Of course since I'm cleaning out one of the drama storage rooms tomorrow, I may need the extra calories to restore my strength! j/k

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed