Saturday, March 13, 2010

DAY SEVENTY TWO- Healthy Eating Journal

Spent the morning in a delegate meeting discussing education woes and this year's state of the budget. That's a whole other blog. It seems that our college degrees (including master's degrees) are pretty worthless. We have experienced teachers with master's who are now being told (according to NCLB) that they are not highly qualified. And... they need to take a (PRAXIS) test (which of course has to be paid for by the teacher-- to the state) to prove that we are. What will they think of next to drive more educators from the profession? New teachers just graduating from college with a degree in education can take up to 4 of these PRAXIS at up to $200 per test to prove they can teach. A test to prove you can TEACH. Hmmmmm. So four years of professors, an internship (student teaching) and money paid out for a degree.... what is that for?? What's wrong with this picture! I say we use the same approach with politicians then. Who cares if you went through your campaign and got elected. We'll give you a test (filled mostly with dates and Idaho history/past legislation trivia, along with government questions of course) and if you don't pass, you're out! Okay... not all politicians are bad... but I do like the test for them idea if they continue to find ways to ding educators.

I had a whole wheat bagel at the meeting and was shocked to later find out it was like 300 calories alone. Not doing the bagel thing again. Had a banana for a snack when we took a break. Had a junior whopper for lunch thinking it wouldn't be that much since it was small (370 calories!). I'd hate to see how many calories are in the large whopper. It was good though. Had to stop at a second hand store to find books for one son and king size bed frame for another. The bed frame was $60 brand new so I told them I could find one used for cheaper. I mean it's a bed frame. I found it for $25. After I dropped it off and saw cute little Maddy (she is smiling and cooing now) I stopped in at the other son's house to see birthday boy (Bryton)and drop off the books. Little Jilly is sick, congested. Grandma Shorty was there holding her. She showed me pictures of some new little twins that were born into our family last week. They are so tiny. Grandma loves holding the babies.

After that I headed to the Scout auction and dinner with my daugther and her family. They had BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. That was a challenge, but I learned my lesson from the french dip and #1) only took half of the bun #2) only put half a cup of meat on the bun half. We're talking 180 calories v. 360 that way. Had some green salad on the side and bought a Bundt cake for tomorrow's dessert (and to support the scouts) I didn't eat any bundt cake tonight.. I just bought it. I will do my normal exercises before bed tonight, but I also did some walking today. My husband is going to fall off his chair when he reads this but I PURPOSELY parked three blocks from the building I went to for my meeting today. I made myself walk. No... this does not mean that when it's raining, snowing, or the wind is blowing, that I want to park away from the entrance. I still want to drive around till we get the closest spot when the weather is yucky. Baby steps here. :D

Note: Don't forget to read the info below about breakfast tips, research, and recipes, as well as the the one below that about 29 beef recipes under 300 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed