Sunday, March 14, 2010

DAY SEVENTY THREE- Healthier Eating Journal

I'm not sure some people would consider my eating habits or choices very healthy (like those who don't eat any meat or sugar), so I've decided to change the subtitle to "Healthier" Eating Journal instead of "Healthy" eating journal (because I have no intention of giving up either of them completely). Today I ate my oatmeal and berries for breakfast (no milk) because I didn't feel like cooking. Had too many other things to focus on before church. Plus, I have to make sure I'm eating food that helps my digestive system. It was a beautiful day. Summer is just around the corner. Okay, compared to where I have lived the last four years, this is summer! :D

After church I played some cards with my husband (relax activity) and my daughter and little Relly helped me decorate the granddaughter bedroom (for all visiting granddaughters). It is of course a "princess" theme. Okay, if you've been following my blog, you know it's more like army princess, but it actually turned out just fine. In fact, it's almost cute. Needs some moulding along the ceiling, but that thought was shot down because "it's just a rental" and I need to "calm down". Okay, okay. But the grandsons' room is next and I'm seriously thinking about painting spongebob and spiderman on one of the walls. I'll leave spare paint to cover it up when I leave, so that should be fine.... Decorating is not work.... it's fun and something my daughter and I can do together. It's also been fun (and a reminder of what we can do with our money when we put our mind to it) to pick up second hand stuff to decorate with. That, plus the stuff my daughter already had. I picked up the twin bed at an auction for $45 with box springs and rails and it's in excellent condition. The little white dresser (which Relly put princess stickers on today)I picked up at a yard sale last summer for $10. I'm going to paint the knobs pink. The wooden princess table set (auction $10). The full accessories kitchen with sink and fake oven and microwave ($15- second hand store). Those things are some ridiculous price in the store. Mandy had one princess curtain and I'm making the other out of either a sheet or material (which I will seek out at yard sales next weekend). And that will be it. With Mandy's princess accessories and dollar store black and white frames, we are styling for $105.00 (including the gallon of paint).

I warmed up the hamburger soup for dinner after church and also had a piece of the bundt cake I bought at the scout auction last night. Since we eat lunch kind of late on Sundays (2:30) I just eat something light in the evening. Of course it's only 6:45 right now, but since we had to spring forward, the clock says 7:45. I ate my 100 calorie mini pouch popcorn a little bit ago and had a water bottle. Not that hungry with eating lunch so late. Have a play to finish writing and I am so excited that we start Spring Break next week. Now that will be a challenge considering the husband will be home 24-7 and he likes to eat out a lot. He has started adding up his own calories though (ever since he lost the two pounds over the weekend) and he claims he too is trying to eat healthier. Of course that could mean having one cupcake instead of two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed