Wednesday, June 1, 2011

!

So I kind of put the poohpooh on Kung Fu Panda II and I STILL say it's a huge letdown after the first one. Hardly laughed at all. BUT, I will say that I am continually reflecting on "inner peace" in my life now. I find myself saying, "Hmmm... does this bring me inner peace?" And oddly, whenever I don't have that "inner peace" about something now.... I'm not rushing into that decision. I'm looking at the bigger picture. Being a little (not a lot) more patient. And I'm looking for decisions that I feel "inner peace" with. So.... maybe there was some good to that movie.

Speaking of inner peace. Today was the last day of school for staff members. As I visited around and went about my final duties, I realized... I found "inner peace" in those people I work with. Those friends I've grown to not only like, but love in just two short years. My head says one thing, but my heart and my INNER PEACE says another when it comes to next year and plans. I've gotta go with the inner peace. I've got to stop leaving these great treasure (people) behind in my whirlwind of activity and finding myself. I also feel like we're in a time of "war". Teachers are taking a lot of hard knocks right now. It's not an easy thing to be a teacher anyway. Now, it's even harder. But..... it's time to rest and reflect and come back renewed relighting those fires of passion for education. It really is a calling more than a job.

Basketball has been.... interesting. It's a new program. Very little practice under our belt and we have to go play the big dogs right off the bat. The schedule was set before she took over, so what do you do? Probably get spanked. But, we have the whole summer and that's better than trying to rebuild and start a new program at the beginning of the actual season. The girls seem really nice and they work hard. That's the important part. I will try to make the journey worth it for them and hopefully they will learn to love the game as much as I do. Hopefully, I can build some confidence in them once we get past the ugliness of first week get-to-know-yous and jitters. Ah the challenge. I am thankful Jeremy is helping me. Getting to the age that it's harder to be patient and he brings that along with lots of knowledge and experience. I'll make brownies for after practice tomorrow. Nothing says I care more than chocolate (or money and I'm not giving them money). :D

It's family time-- basketball time-- and SUMMER! AWESOMENESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed