Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hot, hot, hot

Slept in this morning. Woke up to a hot day that just kept getting hotter. Went to pick up the estate auction stuff and of course.... no A/C. I won the bid on 16 boxes of Christmas decorations. I spent 45 minutes in a hot garage sorting it and condensing it so it'd fit in my car. I definitely got my $26 worth! Had enough to share with the daughter-in-laws and it was nice stuff. Also got a $10 box of "assorted linens" which turned out to be three drawers in a buffet. Ended up with a huge turkey platter that still had the price tag on it from Mervyns and was quite heavy along with lots and lots of very nice tablecloths and matching linens. One tablecloth alone covered the cost on that group. I was lucky they let me sort and rebox and throw away stuff I didn't want. Usually they don't let you do that. It made me think about sorting my own stuff and throwing away things that no one else would buy. Or, putting it in Jason and Anne's yard sale this weekend. :D Oh the joys and adventures of recycling and regifting.

Speaking of that... did you know there's a "free" category on craigslist? Why did I just find this out last week? The husband picked up a load of free sod this morning and it's not nicely planted in the bald spots in our back lawn. We're hoping that "free fill dirt" appears on the list in the morning.

So after picking up the auction stuff we went to Jas's house to split up the goodies, drop off yard sale stuff, and kidnap baby Maddi for her first sleepover. Then we went to Jeremy's so we could drop off some Christmas Deco and Greg could fix a sprinkler for them. Their grass is coming in nicely. We also kidnapped Daisha who is going to help me with some sorting and cleaning in the morning. Her and Maddi had fun playing tonight. It was very cute to watch. We were a little nervous about Maddi going to bed, but she was really good about it. My heat/allergies headache finally calmed down and I'm glad to see things will be cooler for the weekend.

I'm looking forward to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed