Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day was busy. Monday was busier. Tuesday will be busy as well. I think Wednesday will be a rest day! Father's Day was nice though to have the husband spend time with his kids (no matter how old they get) and all the grandkids. It was nice to see them playing pinochle around the table in Jeremy's new house. It was adorable to see little Maddi and Jilly hugging each other and the bond they have as cousins at such a young age. Rellie loves his cousins too and Kayson was thoroughly entertained by all the bodies. Daisha had auntie time with both Mandy and Anne playing cards with her and the younger boys had a game table going too. For me, I enjoyed just being there and watching them all be a family.

Before that we had church then ran to mom's house to see dad. He was working front line on the ambulance though so had to leave his card and send a text. At least we got to visit with mom for a while though. Well.... some of us visited and some of us snuck an afternoon nap. I guess since he reffed 5 games on his day off, he deserves it. Plus... it was Father's Day. We slept soundly on Father's Day. Too much food, fun, and lots of family. :D

Today I was on the hunt for a bed for Rellie and finally found one on Craigslist for $30 and it included the mattress, box springs, rails, and mattress pad (I bartered for the pad). It was an older, but well made mattress in a nice subdivision. The lady was moving and I liked it so well I asked her if I could buy the bedding set too. She thought about it and said, "Sure, why not." She said she had just purchased the oversized pillows last week for the shams, so she wanted to keep them but when we started to take them out she said, "What the heck. I'm downsizing anyway. Just take them too." Normally I am a freak about something like used pillows, but I took one of the shams off and they definitely looked brand new. Plus, they're just for the shams-- not to actually sleep on and yes.... you all know I will still lysol them because I'm OCD like that. Got back to the house and got a call that someone heard we might sale our house and could they come see it on Friday.

We were saving it for the daughter, but she is moving elsewhere, so we are going to go ahead and show it Friday. That of course means we are now compelled to finish all the "little projects" and finishes that we have put off thus far. So.... after making a list (which we later lost of course) we went through the garage and donated more stuff to the daughter's move and loaded it in the pickup with the bed. Took it all out to their new house and it was a long drive. Looks like they'll be in Oregon now instead. I will miss lunches with Rellie and am not crazy about the house or the yard, but we dropped off the stuff and headed to Home Depot to acquire the "finishing projects" stuff without the list.

Tomorrow I am watching grandkids for Son #1 so I better get to bed. He's the one with five! :D :D :D I love them though. I really do. I love all my kids and grandkids. They make my world complete. I also love my sweetie and he has a cold, so I better go see if I can find a humidifier. He claims I always give them to the kids. Probably right. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed