Saturday, June 25, 2011

Busy days and big toes

So I tonight we all agreed the God has something to do with the fact that our hometeacher just happens to be an emergency room doctor. Hmmmmmmm. Isn't that con-venient! Considering the husband is the kind of ER trips.... yes! So yesterday he hit his toe on the lawn mower out in the garage. You have to know him to understand that he plows through everything at a manly rate so when I say he hit it, I mean the door was shut and I heard it hit. It turned many shades of purple and red and he moaned a lot. After determining he could bear weight on it, he put his shoe on and went off to ref. Jason ended up taking his first game so he could let the Advil kick in then he reffed the remainder. Thus, I'm sure it's not broken.

Today it developed a very unattractive blood blister the size of a small olive. He wants to poke it. Correction, he wants me to poke it and drain it. So.... I call the hometeacher who affirms that you should not poke it-- no longer recommended. So while he's here we also cover the jammed finger and the cough that's going on week 3. The poor man had no idea why he was divinely assigned, but now he does.

So we started of the morning with breakfast at sunrise with three little grandsons. They were quite cute. Hit a few yard sales, but they were disappointed to find very little for boys. As Tucker kept saying "It's just girls stuff and clothes." And so most of it was. I have been noticing a pattern on craigslist. Today's generation thinks that shabby or retro mean "cool old" whateveritis and really, it's just old. I don't even click to look now when it says retro. It may be a couch I had growing up! I don't need to see that again!

So after the children were safely returned to their parents, I went to Wal-mart and spent two hours (I do not exaggerate) scanning photos for the family reunion on the 16th. Carol came over later and picked them up and brought her husband Tom. I gave him a really cool antique (not retro ugly) sideboard I bought the other day that needs repairs. He does woodwork and they like the sort of stuff we like. He was excited and I'm excited to see how it turns out. Their family is ready for the reunion and will have 68 from their group. I am getting more and more excited to see everyone. It has been fun reconnecting with Carol.

Jason and Anne came over for dinner since we won't be here to have our usual Sunday dinner with them tomorrow. They had their own yard sale and were exhausted. We won't be here tomorrow because we're headed out of town after church. The husband planned some "us" time. I tried to invite the kids along, but he made it clear that I was missing the point. It is nice to be loved. I am blessed with a husband who loves me and provides for me and puts his foot down when needed. I am also blessed with children I love very much and their families who have made our life even more complete. On that note, I need to get to bed and say my prayers. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed