Friday, June 3, 2011

Some things never change

So why is it that when men coaches yell (or even scream) at the refs, the refs rarely do anything. A woman (aka "me") says "thank you.... finally" when they call foul #2 on the other team (that means the other team only has one foul all night) with 4 minutes left in the game and I get told "that'll be enough". Really?! Here we go again.....

I have a right eyeball headache. I don't know if it was the shots that went over the backboard or the part where my 65lb , 5'1" 8th grade guard got swatted by the 5'11" post on a pass, that made it hurt. It was as about as ugly as I thought it might be with only one practice as a team. Actually, it was less ugly, because they worked really hard and did their best with what they know at this point (both fundamentally and with plays). There were bright moments and headache ones, but that's the joy of summer ball with a brand new team. We didn't get pounded, but we did get beat. The good news is.... that puts us in the easier pool tomorrow. Had to play the big dogs including bigger schools today, so we better make a better showing tomorrow. We will. I believe in them already. It's funny how quickly you begin to make attachments. It is the main reason I love this game. You may also pray for us. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed