Sunday, June 12, 2011

zoo trip, yard sales, movies, bad baking


















Took all the grandkids to the zoo this week. That is always fun. Kids and animals-- what's not to have fun. Maddi did not like the goats and didn't want them anywhere near her. She liked the monkeys though-- they all did. Jason and Anne came and so did Mandy so that helped with number management. Papa Kiester met us at the zoo. In addition to enjoying all the animals, they went on the merry-go-round. Papa rode with Jilly and looked rather green after he got off. Mandy and Jason didn't look so good either. It was possibly the fastest speeding merry-go-round I've ever seen. I've never watched kids and adult do the whole whiplash attack when it takes off before! I got sick just watching it rip around in circles! The kids loved it though....

As paybacks for making fun of the husband about getting sick on the merry-go-round, I took Rellie to the little carnival in Parma last night and he had to have an adult ride with him on some of the rides. He kept asking to go on the "popcorn ride" which turned out to be the tilt-a-whirl. I thought, "I can do this. I just want spin the wheel in the car so I won't get sick. We'll they let more kids on and they jumped in with us. The demon children. They got that thing whipping so fast I thought they were going to witness a replay of my lunch. Rellie just kept his eyes stuck on one spot. The hubby and I went to the movies afterwards and he brought me soda crackers to I wouldn't have to skip the movies. It helped.

Yesterday morning we went to a lot of yard sales. All these "neighborhood yard sales" were going on but I was disappointed because they were mostly little things. We got a couple good deals, but I've had better yard sale days. Ran from one thing to the next yesterday. Scored on a double stroller for $20 and a hutch for $10. Also got a nice entry way table for $15. Probably the best deal though was one of those big tubes you use for either water skiing or hookie-bobbing behind the snowmobile. One of our big tubes popped last winter and it was $30 bucks for the med. size one to replace it so I decided to wait till yard sale season. Good thing. Found one of the large ones yesterday for $1.00. Good deal. Was exhausted last night so slept soundly.

After church today the husband made his Sunday cookies. The last two Sundays they've been flat and brown. Bought him so new baking soda thinking that was the problem because he's been cooking me Sunday cookies for years now and they're usually yummy! Nope. Still flat and brown. He thinks he's got it figured out. We'll see. Then I made pineapple upside down cake for Sunday dinner and forgot the pineapples!! We're getting old! We laugh and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed