Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Mini-Vacation to Rest before the Big Vacation! :D




























Woke up this morning to two beautiful views-- the mountains and my sweetie (see pics). We always enjoy our trips to Wolf Creek. The bed wasn't the best in the world though so two nights in a row of flipping and flopping to find the comfort zone. I think we're just spoiled by our own, so we can't stand others.

So we started off the morning with some terrible tennis. Kali would be proud that I played, but not of the way I hit the ball. I did have some good hits, but we also spent some time looking for the ones that I launched over the fence. Since the resort has sloping driveways (happens when you're perched on a mountain) we were unable to find the one that curved on down toward the lake. The kids in the rec office were nice and didn't charge us for the missing one (they probably saw us playing and felt sorry for the husband since he chased most of them down). The good news is... we got our exercise! Then we went swimming. I really enjoyed that. And, I'm really out of shape. All I did was swim over and back 10 times and you would have thought I'd ran a marathon. It was still relaxing though.

After that we headed to town for breakfast but by then it was more like brunch. On our way out of the winding mountain we ran across a roadside restaraunt called "The Oaks" and you can sit right next to the river and eat. It was SO good. I highly recommend it. And the atmosphere alone is worth stopping. A word of caution though-- if you get an ice cream cone for the road-- do not order a double scoop. We could barely finish a single scoop (which had 4 scoops on it) and we shared it!

The waterfalls were running alongside the canyon walls and it was a beautiful drive. It was another hot day though. Yesterday we broke up the drive from Idaho to Utah by stopping at every DI along the way. This did give us an opportunity to see Brigham City. They have a lot of fruit stands. Today we went back and bought local raspberry jam, corn salsa, canteloupe, bing cherries, and zuchinni. We also got to see the temple they're building there. It's nice to see they are going with more of a historic look than the modern ones. I like the older style better. They're all beautiful, but I like old stuff. That's why I like the husband. Did you know he'll be an antique next year. In fact in three weeks and one year he'll be turning the big 5-0 which makes him an antique. I know this because he has informed me-- numerous times and in front of company-- that I will be an antique next year. Apparently he forgot that he turns 50 first. Who's funny now sweetie! :D

Well we drove a lot today and since we took our Craigslist gas saver car (translation tiny car) my hip is not enjoying the vacation like the rest of me and the husband is a bit scrunched up as well. We did save a ton on gas though. Of course that's easy to do when you cross the state line and it immediately drops from $3.79 to $3.39!!! I'm so fed up with the politics in our state. But that's another blog and it's been a long day so I'm going to go find a comfortable bed. :D Plus, I'm supposed to be relaxing......

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed