Friday, June 17, 2011

cowgirls and creepers

What a strange day. First, I received a call from the "fraud alert" department about my debit card. Now yesterday when their automated telephone call came through I thought it was a scam and just called my bank and they said, "no worries, your account looks fine." Then we went to dinner and lo and behold guess whose card gets declined. EMBARRASSING!! I had cash, but I asked the husband what we would ahve done if we didn't have cash. He said, "wash dishes" and acted like it was funny. Not funny! So when I received the call from the "fraud" department this morning, I decided to talk to them. Apparently two internet transactions totally 51.00 sets off a red flag!???? Really???? However, they said they did not put a block on it. So then I call my bank again and ask what's going on and I told her my card was declined (in public no less) and that it was quite embarrassing, especially since she had just told me two hours earlier that all was well. After 20 minutes of blah, blah, blah, her answer was..... "I just don't know why it did that. Your account is fine." Really? Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm just special like that. Weird will happen. Who goes into a hospital with a cold sore and comes out with a spinal tap? Me... (okay, that was in the past, but I swear I have a "weird happenings" bullseye on my forehead.
So I feel like it's all in order and I head out to yard sale on my way to have lunch with the husband. The first yard sale I go to is way out in the boonies. As I get closer, I recognize it as a house we had looked at to buy last fall and it's way out in the boonies, but here I am yard-saling at it. I started to have a "Twilight Zone" feeling. It was a good yard sale though. Then on my way to lunch I keep getting MISSdirections from the husbands and since he only has 30 minutes between class I give up and decide to head to Nampa to water the garden at the aunties' house. I stop to get gas and I'm on the phone will I'm getting started and accidentally hit the "debit" button instead of "credit". I hold my breath. Will it decline? Nope. It works. I'm so happy. I think my luck is changing.
I get to the aunties' house and no one is home and they lock up the sprinklers (and all else except the hoses thank goodness). So then I have to stand and water each plant by hand with the hose. Half an hour later I'm back on the road again and I stop at the DI to check for books for Jeremy. I think my luck has really changed because I find a few good ones and I go to pay and...... declined..... in public... again. I call the bank from the cashier stand (because I want her to know I do have money in there-- I know ... prideful). The bank lady (who now knows me on a first name basis) apologizes profusely AGAIN and says that my account is fine and she doesn't know what's going on and clears it. By then, I had paid cash which is quickly becoming my best friend. I go inside Albertson's and get some gatorade (something I can pay cash for easily if declined again) and use my debit card and it works again. By then my afternoon is almost shot and I am not a happy camper.
I hit a few more yard sales on the way to son#1's house. Drop off yard sale finds. Then I go to son #2's house and do the same. Then I stop at Wendy's on the way to the daughter's house and use cash because by now I am just completely untrusting and not wanting to be humiliated one more time in 48 hours.
I visit with my daughter a while then head to Nyssa to the rodeo to watch my friend (a fellow teacher) ride in the synchronized horse riding group (whatever they formally call it). I met another fellow teacher/friend there who came to watch her as well. It was fun. I needed fun after the crazy morning I had. I saw some of my students there and some participating. Then I stopped and picked Rellie up to come home and spend the night. But... one last weird thing.
I was on facebook and I have a friend who is.... well I'll just say well-known in Hollywood. We went to school together and had an apartment together. Anyway, we are friends on facebook and I notice that she has this guy listed as her brother and it's not a name I recognize (I know her family). I made the mistake of adding him as a friend just to look at family pictures and thinking it was her little brother taking an alias to avoid being bothered because his sister is famous. Well yes and no. Turns out she had a brother she wasn't aware of. I found this out by mistakenly commenting on one of his pictures. Then I asked him why his name was different and boy, the story I got. Family secrets! But then he goes off on how he was adopted out and my friend's family has ignored him. He just keeps writing and it's apparent he's a bit obsessed about it. I hope he's not a stalker! I deleted him! Can this day get any weirder? I am so glad it's almost over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed