Wednesday, March 16, 2011

what plate

Wipe out........ = =
One more day then I can get back on track

Reminds me of when I was a 440 runner. I can't think about the "wall" (the last curve before the 100 yard stretch). I have to focus on my foot pounding the ground right now and drive my arms and focus in my head and breath steady and trust in my training and my natural ability. I may not win (though I hate to lose)but I should finish strong. No weak excuses. No settling.

I've been thinking about that a lot lately.... settling. Don't settle. In order not to settle you have to know what you want. You have to have a clear vision, a purpose, and patience. If you want what you want... you'll get what you get. Don't settle.

Yesterday I sat in a room that had glass windows that peered out over the river. A friend talked about a flock of white snow geese she had seen earlier.... about 2000 of them. Can you imagine. Down by the river. I watched her sitting there in her flannel pajama bottoms and careless hair.... her knees pulled up to her chin as she looked out the window. I saw the loss in her eyes. Her dad died Sunday. We watched the river and made small talk. I watched her laugh sometimes. I felt her cry.

The most important thing we do in life is simply care about each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed