Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Incredibles and Star Wars

Jilly Bear is getting better. I watched the boys while her mommy took her to get her third and final shots today. It has been a while since I gave a tiny baby a bath in the sink. He is long and skinny and he was not happy about the clothes coming off but he quieted right down as soon as I put him in the water. I'm sure he was having flashbacks to being in mommy's tummy. He loved the water-- like the rest of the children in his family. He is still rattly sounding though so they might have to take him back in. It stinks when the vicious circle of colds and congestion keeps going through your family. I don't know how I've managed to avoid it with all the grandkids being sick. I guess there are some advantages to being old. :D

Tucker had on his new Star Wars t-shirt he picked out yesterday. He's a funny kid. Talks more like he's 10 or 12. Reminds me a lot of his dad as far as what he talks about. He's also a very caring little guy. Bryton picked out "How to Train a Dragon" p.j.'s yesterday and is more of the "I can do it myself" bullheaded little guy. Reminds me of Uncle Jason. :D Daisha's 7 going on 17 and is little miss attitude. Heaven help the parents there when she's a teenager. :D Paybacks! :D Daisha is very helpful though and is really into reading right now. She's sucking it up like a sponge. It's sad when kids stop reading. Of course you have to find stuff that interests them. The only way we could get Jeremy to read was to buy him comics or He-Man books. Mandy read everything. She's still a reader but doesn't have as much time.

Rellie is going through some funny stages right now. For example, the whole "I'm going to close my eyes-- therefore YOU can't see me-- stage. He's dressing up like the Incredibles and also loves pretty much anything his cousin Tucker loves. He's a Tucker wannabe. :D Tucker let me know he misses Rellie and wanted me to go get him Sunday. It must be nice having a fan club. :D

I was reading Whit's blog today and saw her pictures of her little starter plants in paper cups and it gave me a great idea for my primary lesson this Sunday (sharing time). Thanks Whit. It also reminded me of my favorite time of year-- spring. You know I love summer and I love Christmas and basketball.... but not winter. And summer is not my favorite time of year. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons. I think that's because I love change and transitions. It's a weird thing to love, but I do. It's like second-chances every year. Both seasons also remind me of the atonement and the resurrection. Speaking of that.... we are headed to the mountains to see Gma and Gpa Pine (as the grandkids call them) for Easter. There's nothing like an Easter Egg hunt in a real meadow with gorgeous tall mountains lining the meadow and surrounding you. You have to step over the sheep doodoo but that's part of keepin' it real I guess. Then there's the church in the Wildwood, but I'm thinking we should hold our own little campfire church this year. Be thinkin' kids. you could all be in charge of something.

Having Spring Break a different week than the husband stinks..... I had breakfast with two of my former players this morning and one of them got a call back for "America's Next Top Model" auditions and the other is almost through with college. Other than that and going to our dermatologist in the morning, I haven't really done anything too exciting for Spring Break. I might have to make some crazy plans. Maybe we'll bust out and take the kids to the zoo on Saturday instead of the movies. Call me craz-y! Okay.... I'll think of something. Saw a hot air balloon when I was at I-hop this morning. Maybe I'll check into that. Now we're talking. I guess the important thing is that I rest and get recharged since I was running on fumes. THEN I will think of something. I'm thinking nap before Mandy gets here with the kids......

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed