Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break is Over

The break was good in that I caught up on some much-needed sleep. It seems like I had something every day, but it was still good to be able to be at home. The weather was so poopy though that it didn't feel like much of a break. Felt weird this morning when I got up and left for work and the husband didn't have to leave. Lucky.

The kids actually seemed to be happy to be back at school. Of course, given our yucky weather... it's no wonder. Anyway, it's hard to believe the school year will already be over in a couple of months. We also have less than a month before our play. Yikes! Had a meeting today to hand out schedules. We'll see tomorrow how many of them have their lines down. Start selling tickets tomorrow too.

Sarah was back to work today. Her dad passed away right before spring break and I checked on her at the end of the day to see how she was holding up. What a different place it is in your life when you start losing your parents. ugh. Middle age stinks. Now I understand why people have mid-life crises! Speaking of that.... after making fun of the husband for lint in his belly button at the skin doctor's office, turns out his two biopsies came back okay.... Yeah. Mine, not so much. It's one that they have caught early though so, once again, they will remove all the bad cells and tissue and monitor it to see if it comes back. If it doesn't, I'm good to go. I will have to go back to checkups every 6 months again, but I was annual for two years, so I just count my blessings. Plus, once again, early detection is the key.

I so regret all the hours I spent working without a hat on or swimming without sunblock (did we even know about sunblock then) or better yet, oozing in baby oil so we could get an even better tan. Paying for it now. Passing my lessons on to the younger generation too. Still, I have it much easier than Sarah who just lost her dad, or Chris, a family friend who's my age, who just lost his wife. We can always see the cup half empty or half full. It is a good reminder though, that I need to do the things that will help my body stay healthy so bad cells aren't encouraged to grow. I'm fairly good about what I eat, but I do not get enough sleep and I have got to clear my plate more.

Still... life is good. I look at my family and feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed