Sunday, March 13, 2011

Clearing My Plate

I'm not doing very well at clearing my plate. There are so many things that I either enjoy doing or have to do as part of my jobs or callings that I'm having a hard time figuring out what to take off my plate at what time.

I have a stack of papers I need to go grade right now. Had Friday off and got caught up on some of my newsbroadcast stuff for that student project, but also had Rellie over Thursday night so we picked up his two cousins-- Tucker and Bry Bry to make it a boys day out. We went to I-Hop for breakfast. They were so cute and well behaved. Rellie can put down the food. That child had bacon, scrambled eggs and waffles and asked for more eggs (oh and strawberry milk). As much as he's growing it's easy to see why he's eating so much. His brother's going to catch him though. At 10 months he's as big or bigger than most two-year-olds. Football players!

Daihsa is getting ready for basketball though. If her dad coaches her next year, she'll be able to play. She's pretty excited about that. She said she needs to practice this summer though if she's going to be ready. Can you tell she's been around coaches her whole little life? :D

AFter I-Hop we hit the second hand stores, dollar stores, and Ross. We are great bargain shoppers and I also picked up stuff for the scout auction fundraiser. We were home by lunch and they played like good kids. Maddi came over later to hang out while mom and dad went on their date and Mandy dropped off Kayson (Rellie's brother) so they could go out to dinner.

The next morning it was back to Jeremy's by 8am so we could watch the kids and cook breakfast while Jeremy and Stacy went looking at houses. We're very excited for them to be buying a house. They've really outgrown the one they're in and it'll be so nice for them to all fit and have room for the kids to play. From there we stopped at the Daddy/Daughter activity at the church and enjoyed sloppy joes and minute to win it games. Everyone did a great job.

After that we took a one hour breather at the house (I took a power nap) then got up and headed to Parma for the Scout auction. Had dinner there and bought some things to help out a good cause. Mandy was running around helping out so we helped with the boys. She also made me some more cutouts for my bulletin board. Rellie had a purple blood blister on his ear (which he had called and told me about minutes after it happened) from catching it on the child door handle safety gadget. It caught his ear and pinched it. It looks painful. He seems to have bounced back pretty well though. Kayson has the runny nose so he's either catching his brother's cold or teething.

Came home and tried to watch a movie, but fell asleep since we knew we would lose an hour in the morning. Had to hurry and get my primary stuff ready before church and my little bulletin board pockets are turning out so cute (thanks for the help Mandy). her cut-outs add a lot. Didn't feel as focused in sacrament today though-- gee I wonder why. I really need to clear my plate better this week.

I am going to start by only practicing after school once for the play and only doing one activity (Senior Center info table at P/T conferences) with my Young Politicians group. I am also only going to stay home Friday (first day of Spring Break) and make all my bulletin board stuff so I am not hurrying Sunday morning. So, I'm clearing my plate Friday during the day to get caught up and Friday night I'm taking my sweetie out. Parent/Teacher Conferences and KYSON broadcast this week as well as grades due. No babysitting until next week so I can get caught up. Maybe a Saturday matinee (they like that) but I think that'll have to be it this week. I'll have more grandma time next week. :D

Two birthdays down this week with Daisha on Thursday and Bryton today. April is another full birthday month but Anne is up first and I already got her a ticket to Wicked so I'm ahead on that one! Grandma Shorty (Ruby) comes home in April too and we head to Pine for Easter so it's going to be another full month. I have got to do better at organizing my time in order to enjoy the important things. Wish me luck and help me get my plate in order-- not cleared, because I would starve myself of the important memories of life-- just in order and portion control. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed