Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chicken Little

CLS- "Chicken Little Syndrome" seems to occur most at the tail end of the winter. Coincidence? I think not. This is one of my made-up syndromes and it simply means that someone always seems to see the cup as half empty or the sky as always dark and falling or as nothing in life being fair. I have been researching cures and here is what I've determined to be the most effective in getting rid of this syndrome:

1) Suck it up
2) If you don't have cancer, consider yourself blessed
3) If you're not paralyzed or stricken with a debilitating disease, count your blessings
4) If you have time to get a pop, watch t.v., play a video game, or go to a movie or sporting event......... you have time
5) Choose to be happy because happiness is a choice
6) If you don't like it-- do something about it (whining not included)
7) Be thankful for the people and blessings in your life
8) Pray
9) Examine the life of Christ for hints at how to live and become happier
10) Lose yourself in service
11) Plant an indoor garden
12) Sing in the Shower
13) Paint your toe nails in colors or styles you have never attempted before
14) Go for more walks
15) Instead of telling the kids to "go play" give them "work" to do when you are working and play things to do when you are playing
16) Don't sweat the small stuff
17) Know you will ALWAYS have bills
18) Control the things you can control
19) Say "I Love You" and "Thank you" every single day
20) Love Yourself

This is a random transition from Chicken Little Syndrome, but I just remembered and it could be #21-- try something new. I tried egg substitutes and turkey bacon at I-Hop the other morning because the whole breakfast was only 350 calories and I can honestly say I liked it. I put salsa on the eggs. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Of course I went to the bakery (my #1 weakness) later in the day so it's a good thing I ate light for breakfast. 350 Calories when you're eating out is pretty good. Bakery is not. :( Well, not good for you. Speaking of that.... the husband and I finally did something together for Spring Break.... he took a little time off from work (like an hour) to run to the dermatologist with me. We both had our annual checkup. Well this is his first full check-up which means... no time to be shy. So here's my tip for men going for a checkup that requires your shirt to be off..... REMOVE THE BELLY BUTTON LINT BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF. Okay, so then he had to have two biopsies and it's usually me that comes out with all the little band-aids. I only had one that they sent off this time. It is so important to get your body mapped (by the professional) and to keep those annual checkups. Early detection is the number one thing to beating cancer... well, that and other preventative measures like eating well and staying out of the sun. His ear has been bothering him from where he had the 3rd degree burns on it from 19 years ago. They biopsied that one and one on his back that he's had for quite a while. Welcome to my world sweetie. Love you.

So went to Boise D.I. and found some great books. Talked to Rellie (who seemed to be in trouble quite a bit today) several times on the phone. He needs the sunshine so he can go out and play. Taking Jer my leftover roast and potatoes from last night so he doesn't have to cook and I can move on to my grilled fish that I picked up today thanks to my livingsocial deals that I get. Fresh salmon and halibut. Also got some cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, asparagus, and pineapple. Thought I'd better eat healthier after the pastry kick!

Primary meeting tonight so better get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed