Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And the beat goes on....

Drama here. Drama there. Drama everywhere. After editing words, of course, our spring play is off and running with Beauty School Dropouts and Grease Lightning and trying to make cars and set pieces on a very limited budget. Still, it's starting to come together and some stars will definitely shine. Keeps my life exciting. Wait.... do I have time to be bored?

Daisha's birthday party was family-packed and I was a little late getting there with the ice cream, but they forgave me. I think. It was so cute to watch Jilly and Maddi talk to each other on the cell phones. No, they really did. Jilly used mine and Maddi had papa's. Imagine when they're teenagers. Bryton's birthday is Sunday and he kept reminding me he just wants poprocks for his birthday. How funny. Tucker wondered if I had heard of Legos cuz he just started playing with those and maybe I could get some for my house because his dad said they can't have them at their house because the babies might choke on the pieces. Very well thought out for a 5 year old.

My students have been doing such an outstanding job on their presentations and our panel judges have given them great praise and comments. Some of the topics this year have been very unique-- like "procrastination". I've never thought of researching that and studying the cause, effect, and solution for it. I have honestly learned a lot from my students about a wide variety of topics. Tomorrow is the last day of presentations. We also had a guest for our Young Politicians presentation today too. Again, the students did such a great job with their research of different country's education systems, and different ideas for curriculum structure, career tracking, and individualizing learning for all learners. I was a little disappointed in our guest's comments when it came time for her to have open discussion with the students, but I suppose nothing should surprise me anymore. She did take pages of notes, so maybe some of their ideas will at least be considered. At any rate, they did a fantastic job.

Now they're moving on to working with the Senior Center to help them promote their center and raise some funds. We really have some amazing and involved students. Speaking of amazing..... There's so much talent on American Idol this year it's hard to really tell who will win and usually I can easily pick the top two. That's a good problem I guess. Watched it when I got home from my church meeting. Now I need to go get my beauty sleep but I don't know if there's enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed