Sunday, March 6, 2011

Full Week- Full Life

Stunk it up at clearing my plate this week. I was telling the husband that I felt like I was doing a so-so job at everything instead of doing a great job at any one thing. Had two play practices this week and they went fine. The kids are funny and they will do a great job. Also had Speech presentations with our live panel of judges. My folder was somehow deleted off the main network so each student had to dump to my personal external hard drive and this meant a delay. Hit some bumps and had a couple of kids that said some crazy things (which I will not repeat) but let's just say the panel will not forget them. :) Overall they did a good job though and in English they are typing away at their research papers. We are all ready for spring break. I will be grading 105 research papers and getting ISAT packets prepared for after spring break, but I hope to be able to take a couple days to spend with my children and grandchildren.

Speaking of them..... we took 6 of 8 to see Tangled on Saturday. What a cute show. And the grandkids were just as cute. Jilly Bear went this time... a sign she is growing up. She has to now that another baby has taken the "baby" rank in their home. Baby Bradley is still eating and sleeping like a little sweetheart. Kayson is still eating and growing like a beast. My daughter must have massive biceps! Rellie was excited to spend time with his cousins and had to sit right next to Tucker at the movie. Daisha and Bryton's birthdays are coming up this week so I asked them what they wanted and they said they'd have to "check their list". yikes! Their mom said they really just put names on the list. Like Bryton had Nemo and Buzz LightYear. Daisha had Jonas Brothers and I-Carly. Hmmmm. Dad said MP-3 players that don't have to have batteries because they got them ones with batteries for Christmas and they now own stock in the battery companies. Daisha will be seven and Bryton will be four. Daisha will be eight before we know it and she'll be old enough to be baptized.

I attended the monthly baptisms on Saturday and they had asked me to be a speaker, but when I got there, I found out I was the speaker!! That was a bit overwhelming considering I knew about 12 of the 100 people there! I prayed and looked into the cute little faces of the children in their white jumpsuits all ready to get baptized and I was fine. It's still a bit weird being the primary president, but I am enjoying the time I spend around the little children. Reminds me of my grandchildren. Today in church it was touching to hear their testimonies of Christ and eternal families. They just keep it simple and real.

One older guy bore his testimony using an analogy that really stuck with me. He said when he was in scouts he was kind of ornery and when they went on the big hikes he'd get behind the kid with the heaviest pack and sneakily add rocks to it. He said he also did it so the wind would be blocked. He mentioned that some do-gooder would always help the other guy out though. He just liked to see how long it took them to figure out someone was adding rocks. Then he said as he grew up he realized that that same tendency still existed in his life but in a way that made him really sad. He said sometimes he feels like he's on this hike and the guy in front of him is Christ and because of choices this man has made in his life, he feels like he is doing the same thing he used to-- adding rocks to his backpack. Adding to his burden. He says he knows Christ is willing to carry the extra weight for him, but now those rocks that he's adding mean more to him. Still... he said... they are still rocks that he CHOOSES to put there and that he could choose not to. He said he knows we can repent and remove the weight, but that we should think more before we add the rocks at all. You could tell he felt bad for some of his choices. I appreciated the analogy and I know I've added to the backpack as well. Prevention is a better approach than repention. (Yes, I made that last word up).

So after church we ran one of those electric fireplaces over to my mom and dad's house (I picked it up at an auction for $40 and they're normally $300-500) and got to visit a little with them. When we got home Jas and Anne came over for dinner. I made stir-fry and little Maddi entertained us with her cuteness. She has her papa wrapped around her little finger, but she's so cute that's not too hard to do. Anne said when they were gone to Missouri and they got out chocolate chips to make cookies that Maddi pointed to the chips and called them "papa". Gee... I wonder who feeds her chocolate chips when he's making cookies on Sundays. :) Today he made snickerdoodles though and after Jas and Anne left we walked across the street to take some to a neighbor and when we returned home... we were locked out. Good thing it was a nice day for a change. And of course we tried every door and window in the house (the husband also left the garage door opener in the house) and the very last window (20 minutes later) was unlocked. Phew!

It was a busy week and it'll be busy again this week, but I know when we are serving others in our daily life, in our jobs, and in our church, that our lives will be blessed and we will be stronger people for it. Life is not meant for laziness. Rest, yes. Laziness no. I am lazy sometimes, but I do love my sweetheart, my family, my friends, my students, and my Savior. I know there is a God who has power in our lives and an order in all things that makes weak people strong and creates a circle of giving that comes back in the form of blessings. I know that this world is not some science freak accident but a gift created for the purpose of our enjoyment and stewardship (with one relying on the other). I know prayers are answered and I know bad things still happen, but in the meantime....... we can live a life of hope and joy and love that is found in the gift of every day we wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed