Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Time to Go Camping

It always seems that the last two weeks before school starts get a little stir-crazy... especially when you're in a family of teachers. Camping is a great cure for stir-crazidness. I want to go camping. I don't know if we'll have to be around Friday for paperwork on the house we're buying , but if we do, hopefully we can do it in the morning and head to the hills where it's cooler and where we have no distractions or restraints... just nature and family. Even if it just ends up being the husband and I.... I'm going camping. Even if it just ends up being Kali and I.... I'm going camping. Even if it's just in the backyard with the grandkids.... wait... the backyard in the city is way scarier (and probably more dangerous) than camping in the wild. Whatever happens... I need to get out and enjoy one of our last weekends.

Today Grandma Trish came to visit. It was good to see her and it's obvious she could use a break from the stir-crazidness of life too! She's working too hard. Time to slow down. It was good to visit with her and she was surprised how big all the kids are getting (her great-grandkids). We all had dinner at Stacy and Jeremy's and Daisha showed Grandma how she can ride a bike with no training wheels now. I had picked up Rello after school so he was going crazy with the cousins as well. Mandy showed up with baby Kayson, but we're no longer going to call him baby Kayson. Beast Boy Kayson maybe... not baby. What baby is 16lbs at barely over 2 months! The child wears the same size hat as I do! Good luck holding up that head to crawl. We didn't think it was possible to have a larger child than Rello the Hut. We were wrong! Those boys are definitely football players. Of course they could pretty much dominate the key in basketball too, so it's all good.

Have to throw in a food for thought-- Key Lime Fiber One Yogurt. If you like Key Lime, you have to try it. It's 5g of fiber and only 50 calories. It's a great snack. Also, remember that one of the biggest places you can save calories is by only drinking water with all your meals. Skim milk on my cereal is pretty much it for me besides water. Sometimes I have cranberry juice for my bladder, but mostly... I drink water. That's a biggie if you're looking to lose weight. Another place you can cut some easy calories-- condiments. Check the calories on your dips, sauces, dressings, etc. You might be surprised.

Do your crunches. It's not hard. Lay on the bed and do them. I'm going to go do some right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed