Sunday, August 29, 2010

Still Raining....

So the day after the gas pump went out in the son's car, the husband's truck died in the driveway of our new home. That was Thursday. Also found out we wouldn't be able to get Intermountain Gas turned on until Monday (no hot water). When the city came over and turned the water on we found out we had a broken water line (the joys of buying a repo)and that the water hadn't been on at the property for over a year (thus the dead lawn). He did give us a tip on a good mechanic in town though.

We drove down the main road to find the repair shop and couldn't find it so went to the auto parts store in town and they also said that guy was a good one and gave us better directions. When we got there we were surprised to find a kid (well he's grown up now) who lived down the road from us when our kids were in grade school. We were good friends with their family and our kids all played together. It was strange, but good knowing it was someone we know. We caught up on family talk and he is going to fix the truck on Monday.... the money pit truck. ugh.

Spent all of Friday and Saturday painting and moving things from the storage shed. New carpet gets installed Monday. Our cable/internet guy (nice kid) came Friday night, but had to come back Saturday morning to finish the install. Friday he mentioned he had a reception to go to Saturday, so when he seemed in a hurry Saturday morning I told him he could just come back Monday if he needed to get to the reception. He said, "well my wife doesn't want me to be late." I smiled and asked where it was at. He said, "Well we had one in Washington, but we're having one here too." It was his reception!!!! I told him he needed to get out of here and come back Monday. He said he was about done anyway and hurried and finished. However..... when we went to check the internet connection... he had installed the cable TV, but no internet modem, etc. :D :D We understood. He has more important things. We can wait till Monday.

The husband and I painted till wee hours Friday and the house is already looking so much better. It was all quiet and empty as we painted though. Saturday morning the calvary showed up in the form of my two sons and their families. They unloaded the first load from the storage unit and we all went to breakfast at Sunrise Cafe in Middleton. Great breakfast! Some breakfast memories..... Baby Maddi spewing water from her straw at Baby Jilly who was sitting in a matching high chair next to her. How cute! Bry Bry putting syrup on ALL of his food and declaring he now liked everything. Anne asking the waitress what kind of fruit they had and the waitress saying, "Fresh fruit." Yes.... she was blonde. Jeremy's huge cinnamon roll that became the community cinnamon roll. Mostly though...just looking around at my family and being so thankful.

As we returned to the house and started unloading more stuff and painting again I realized that it was finally our new home because it was filled with the sounds of my children and grandchildren laughing and visiting. It's not the paint or furniture that make it special. Speaking of paint.... I had Daisha (6) and Bry Bry (3) help me paint on the bedrooms. I showed them how to remove the electrical outlets and they were delighted to have their own little flathead screwdrivers. They removed all of them while I taped. One outlet needed a Phillips screwdriver so I explained what that was and sent the 6 year old to the garage to find one. She found 5-- all Phillips. I was so proud. Their painting (yes, I let them paint with me) was a little on the wild side (Bry Bry kept asking me to look at his dinosaur), but it was fun and eventually.... we did finish. :D We also encountered a few tiny spiders and the first time I nailed one with the blue paint tape, they were both horrifed. Then I let them do it and was funny to watch them chase it around the room squealing when it jumped off the tape because they didn't also squish the spider. They were quite proud when the finally got it. I told them only to do that to really small ones. I don't think that'll be a problem.

After the families left and it was just the husband and I we ran out to see the recovering daughter and I removed all her bandaging from her 14 incisions. I am now deaf from the screaming. That is all I will say except that..... mission accomplished. We brought Rello back with us to spend the night and play with his cousins. He loves going to Uncle Jeremy's house. We then went and finished off two more bedrooms. However, the husband decided to use the sprayer for one of the bedrooms and when he emerged an hour later, he was covered in paint... even up his nose. Didn't wear or mask or anything. Typical man. He looked like a 6'4" yellow oompa-loompa. Not doing that again. When we went to pick Rello up (at midnight) all of Stacy and Jeremy's kids were on their little blankets in Jer's bedroom fast asleep where they had been watching a movie. Rello and Tucker's heads were sharing the same pillow. Jeremy and Stacy... thank you so much for all your help and for letting Rello come over. He loves being there.

Jas is recovering this morning from neck and head wounds suffered during yesterday's u-haul unloading/loading episode and he was horrified to learn that his organization in our garage went south after he departed. Thanks Jas and Anne for all your help too and for letting us live with you while we make this transition. Did I mention Baby Maddi got her first pig-tail today. So stinkin' cute! I will post pics tomorrow... or Tuesday. Life's a bit crazy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed