Friday, August 20, 2010

All Aboard

So who knew that today would end with a train ride. After my first day back to school with staff meetings and.... my first day back.... it was a nice way to do something to remind me that just because work is starting again, doesn't mean that grandma's summer time fun has to stop. Thank you sweetie for thinking of it. And it's another checkmark on my bucket list. I have finally ridden a train.

If you haven't been on the train ride at Horseshoe Bend.... it's a great date. Rello loves trains so much that I had to be a date crasher and ask the husband if he couldn't come along too. I think papa can definitely say that it made Rello's day and was well worth giving up some of the romance to share it with Rello. Sitting in the outside, open cars was his favorite-- next to the whistle blowing of course. It was my favorite too-- especially on the way back with the cooler weather and the full moon reflecting on the river. The moon is so magical to a child. Rello followed it as it peaked behind the mountains then reappeared. The moon is magical when you're 48 too. Reminds us of how beautiful life is when we take the time to slow down and enjoy it.

So it was a pretty awesome ride and a great way to end my last week of summer break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed