Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Roll That Beautiful Bean Footage

I have come to the conclusion that the only healthy and painless way to make sure you get enough fiber.... is to do it naturally through the food. In the past I have tried Metamucil and Fibercon and whatever else..... nothing but bloating and wasted calories. Yes, that stuff has calories. So this week I have had a Fiber One bar twice and..... bloating twice with very unpleasant gas. Well, I guess all gas is unpleasant, but holy cow... if you have a sensitive stomach at all.... I do not recommend Fiber One bars. Bottom line is, just get your fiber through eating real food.... tasty food that's not disguised. Cereal, fruits, and beans are all real and tasty. Just had to put in my two cents on manufactured fiber.

So the past two weeks I have been stressing about gaining back my weight. We have been on the go a lot and we have a bazillion birthdays = birthday parties= in July and August. All of that and moving equals a lot of unplanned and unbalanced eating combined with "happy food" as well. I have been dreading getting on a scale and as you know if you've been following my blog.... I've never owned one so it's easy to avoid getting on one. Well today I went to the doctor to make sure my sore throat isn't something that will get the grandbabies sick and of course the first thing they do is weigh you. I had psyched myself out so that if the scale said 150 (I was 143 the end of June), then I would just work to maintain my weight through the stress of closing on our house, then I'd get back to eating healthier again. Well, I don't know how it's possible, but I still weigh 143! After that it just didn't seem a big deal that I feel like I'm swallowing porcupine balls every time I eat or drink. Who cares.... I'm still skinny. Okay..... 143 may not be skinny to other people who are 5'8", but to me..... I'm happy with that. 140 Would be ideal, but considering how crazy life has been these past two months.... I am SO happy to see that number. I totally credit the grandkids for keeping me so active and physically going.

If you haven't clicked on one of the category topics at the top of my blog (recipes, fiber, cholesterol, etc.) be sure and do that if you're trying to eat healthier. Tomorrow is the last day of summer school then I get a week off before regular school starts. I still need to get a hair cut, tennis lesson from Kali, and night out camping. Tonight though, I just need to finish grading papers and go throw away that box of Fiber One bars. I think my husband might have done it for me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed