Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to School

Jason started back to school (teaching at Skyview) this week and the husband has been back since the first so thought we'd better get Daisha's school shopping done this week since I start back on Friday. It's been a long time since I took a child school shopping. Their supply list has some interesting, new items on it..... like ziploc bags. Plus they WANT a first grader to have "pointed" scissors and not rounded ones???? She also had to have 24 pencils. I guess with so many budget cuts (which, being a teacher I totally understand)her teacher is thinking ahead for the whole year. She also had to have four boxes of kleenex. I should have a supply list for my highschoolers. They need to bring four boxes of kleenex each too! They act flabbergasted every time I run out (like I'm their mom or the school owes them kleenex).

Once we got past all the basic supplies she needed a few new shirts.... yes "needed". Every girl "needs" a few new shirts even if grandma buys them shirts every month. :D Plus I let her get a Hannah Montana outfit that she was drooling over. Minus H.M. it was actually cute. Of course the boys each had to have a shirt because sister got one (Rello was with us too) so Tucker got a Star Wars and the two younger ones got one with Incredible Hulk and other superheroes. You will be proud to know that I did NOT stop at McDonalds with the grandkids today. We did pick up some food at Albertsons to eat in the car and it did include things like bananas (oh and animal cookies). :D I had some cole slaw with my banana and animal cookies.... I know... weird.

Well yesterday when I went to D.I. to see if they had any used light fixtures for the house we're fixing up to buy I remembered that back in the day when we were young and poor and we lived over here, I used to go to Razzle Dazzle Hair College and get my hair cut for a few bucks. My hair's been bothering me every since machette momma got ahold of it and gave me a 70's shag, so I've been wanting to get it cut shorter to fix the mutalated layers. I always said when I wasn't poor anymore I'd still go back to Razzle Dazzle to support the business and students and so.... I did. This short (like I'm not sure she was 5' even for real) girl comes out and calls my name and I think she's someone's teenager helping out but no.... she's the girl who's going to "fix" my haircut. Yikes! Luckily, she was very sweet and careful and she had an instructor helping her through it. So, for five bucks (plus a tip) I got a hair cut yesterday and my hair is quite a bit shorter and much healthier feeling already.

Well I'm watching baby Kayson in the morning so Rello can have some one-on-one fun time with his mom and dad, so I'm getting to bed earlier tonight. I also need my rest and strength for tennis with Kali tomorrow night. Pray for me! Or maybe for her. :D Plus... I'm decorating the husband's office tomorrow and I get to go meet some players I'll be helping with this season. It all feels like school is here again. It gives me the same feeling as hot chocolate on a winter day. Odd... isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed