Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sundays With The Family

If you didn't read the "Leave it to a child" post a couple before this post, and you want to smile, be sure to go back and read it. Today was Stacy's birthday (my daughter-in-law) but the kids gave her her purple frosting cake yesterday. Still we went over there after church and had dinner with them. I made some potato salad and chicken and corn on the cob. There was still purple frosting cake left. I am always amazed each time I look at their family. Four little ones with number five on the way. They are richer than anyone right now. No amount of money can buy what you feel sitting around a table with their cute little faces smiling at you.

We played a little pinochle then Stacy's parents came over so we decided to go for a Sunday drive. We tested the driving route from Middleton to Parma and from Caldwell to Middleton to get time estimates. We find out tomorrow if our offer on the house in Middleton is accepted. We also went to church with the boys and their families today. That is always a gratifying experience as a mother to watch your grown children partake of the sacrament and sit with their wives and children. I'm so grateful the grandkids/cousins are growing up with each other. I am also grateful they are growing up with an understanding of the gospel and who Jesus Christ is and the blessings of living a Christian life.

After our Sunday drive we came home and played some cards with Jas and Anne and went on an evening walk with them and baby Maddi. We also enjoyed Greg's usual Sunday cookies. Homemade chocolate chip. I know it's not a very healthy Sunday dinner, but we eat lunch so late on Sundays that the dessert ends up being dinner. Isn't that terrible..... :D We walked off at least one of the cookies..... Tomorrow it's back to work in summer school and hopefully some good news on the house. And hopefully I'll figure out how to change the font on my recipe sections and comments under my posts so you can actually see them! If anyone knows how to do that.... please let me know. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed