Monday, November 29, 2010

Penguins, Seafoam Paint, and the big "L"

Let's get the big "L" out of the way first. First, Broncos lose. My husband couldn't sleep. You'd think he was on the team or something. I'm a fan and all, but seriously.... just a game. You have the kicker on suicide watch and/or facebook diving because of the hate mail. Really? Last time I checked, football was not a one man sport.
Then.... we got our first "L" and it was not pretty either. Had to set some starters which didn't help because they were gone over the holiday break, but we played the number one team and well..... they are the number one team for a reason. Scrappy, aggressive, quick, and did I say aggressive. I like aggressive. Big fan. Unless it's the other team. :D So we have some room for improvement. We thought we were ready after holding our own against our sophomores, but.... no... we have some work to do. On the bright side, some girls who haven't played real well (or very little) in the past, stepped up and didn't do too bad filling in for starters.
The other team is beatable and practice is going to be turned up a notch tomorrow.

So the bad news is out of the way. On to happy news. Got Maddi a penguin that not only sings, but dances. To say she loves it is an understatement. She danced with it, hugged it, held on tightly, and gave her dad the attiTUDE when he tried to take it from her. I was SO cute. How cute? We'd know if her parents would post some pics (hint, hint). They came over yesterday and Maddi also got to see the Christmas tree we just put up.

To relieve some of my stress over tonight's loss, I decided to head to Stacy's (my brother-in-law's) house and help him paint. We knocked out the living room and dining room in no times and I finished off the trim in his bedroom. What a difference a little paint makes. Happy to see him reaping some blessings in his own life. New job, new place, got his truck paid off and has a bulb for his T.V. coming in this week. I'm happy to see him happy.

Serving others really does make things like sporting events seem minor when we step back and look at the big picture of life. Serving others also helps us forget our own problems and frustrations.

Tomorrow night I get to watch my old team play and then go shopping for some paint and fabric for costumes and backdrops for our Christmas play. I also get to have lunch with Rellie. That will brighten any day! :D

On a food note.... I forgot to take a lunch. Ended up having some of the healthy snack crackers Mandy brought me a while back and a small can of peaches I had in my desk. Didn't have time for breakfast, so starving right after school. Stopped and got a deli sandwich (pastrami) and baked chips. Had some hot chocolate after I got done painting. Need to plan better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed