Monday, November 15, 2010

4 Little Monkeys Sleeping in the Bed......

Well Saturday was a busy, crazy day. After practice we had the two hour shoot-a-thon. Daisha came to practice with me (and her dad) and she can dribble pretty well with both hands, but she still can't quite get it to the hoop. Maybe that's why 1st graders get to use the 8' hoops. At any rate, she was quite the helper and listener. I had to laugh because later that night we were talking about something and she said, "Yeah, like when WE were coaching..." So she didn't perceive herself as either an observer or player, she thought she was a coach. Too funny.

So then we had to go pick up Rellie who has had his bags packed since Thursday. He was beside himself when he saw that Daisha was with us. He LOVES Daisha. We went to Daisha's to pick up her suitcase and it was kind of hard to explain to Tucker and Bryton why they were not going to spend the night at Mem (that's their word for grandma/me) and Papa's house. So..... we had four little monkeys in the car before we knew it. This did of course mean a gigglefest when bed time rolled around.

We tried breaking up the gigglers (mainly the boys) by isolating them in grandpa's bed with him while I worked on my Sunday School lesson. Daisha and I had watched some Barbie movie earlier (it actually wasn't too bad I'm ashamed to admit) so she also wanted to stay up and help me make stuff for my lesson handouts. She fell asleep on the couch next to my computer within 15 minutes, but that's okay. I peeked in to see how grandpa was doing with the gigglers and all three boys were in our bed with him. So all total.... four monkeys in the bed. :D Good thing we have a king size bed!

So Sunday was a flashback to when we had our children to get ready for church. Papa apparently forgot a few things. For example, if you bathe them and dress them in their white church shirts BEFORE they eat.... there might be a problem. However, papa did make them bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast for breakfast while I finished my lesson. They all behaved very well at church and my lesson went fine. It's just really weird still not going to church until 1pm and getting out at 4pm. Makes for a long day. We dropped all the children off at their parents' houses after church and it was 5pm by the time we got home. We grabbed a quick bite to eat then headed over to Tammy and Stacy's house to take some things (like bedding) over that really couldn't wait till tomorrow. By the time we got home, I was pooped!

I also got a call from my brother Sunday morning saying it was the last time he'd be able to check in with me for a while since they were almost to Kuwait. It always make my stomach tight to think about him over there and headed to his next stop after Kuwait and into the war. Please remember all of our soldiers in your prayers. I really have been trying not to think about anything but the positives. I love him very much. All in all, it was a long day. Consequently, I slept well last night even though I knew our first game was coming up.

The game went well today. It had typical first game ugliness here and there and it was far from pretty.... but they won. They're off to a good start and all 14 of them got plenty of playing time. I'm thankful to have Jeremy on my bench again too. He knows exactly what to say to the girls because we've been coaching together so long now that we think a lot alike about almost everything when it comes to basketball. At school we started auditions for our Christmas play and that went very well too. Had a kid try out for Elvis and he did a great job singing. I'm excited for our play. Now I'm going to go crash, but my belly is in need of crunches first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed