Wednesday, November 10, 2010

And so it begins

The first two weeks of basketball practice are always the longest-- especially when you have a new group of kids. Everyone is adjusting and it's the time of the year we're also adjusting to weather changes and time changes. Consequently the voice goes out the first two weeks, I get a cold, and get very little sleep. I have the later practice right now so it makes for long days, but it also makes it easier not to eat so much. Well, as long as I remember to eat a little snack after school. Otherwise I'm starving after practice and end up eating a lot late at night. Not good.

Here is a little tip on belly fat. They sent this out at school for our healthy info stuff:

Is belly fat bothering you? Try picking the right kind of foods. Eat no more than 15 grams of sugar and 6 servings of carbohydrates. 5 to 20 grams is a serving: 21 to 40 grams is 2 servings: 41 to 60 grams is 3 servings of carbohydrates. Make sure your sugar grams are good choices. Try this for 2 weeks and see if your belly is smaller.

I've been eating my almonds again trying to build up my good cholesterol. Need to go buy some more olive oil. Mostly though, I just feel better when I'm eating greens and fresh fruit every day. When I'm in a hurry and start eating fried foods I feel yucky and my acid reflux acts up.

So on a more positive note, the weather certainly held warm a long time. I was thinking about the visual transition signs that winter is on the lurk. The pumpkin faces are drooping on the steps, the trees are nearly naked again, and you can almost hear the earth sighing as it prepares to hybernate. Some days I'm just ready to be retired so I can slow down, soak in the simple views in life, and stay in my p.j.s however long I want. I could get a different pair for each day of the week. Wishful thinking.

Found a little rental for Tammy and Stacy. Can't wait to help them fix it up. Sold one of our rentals. Sigh. Crazy market so we're lucky we sold it. Blessed, not lucky. Still plugging away at this one we're living in. It's a nice little house though and works just fine. I'm rambling. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed