Sunday, November 7, 2010

Always and Forever

Well Friday night was fun with the three grandsons spending the night. Bryton (Bry Bry) ended up sleeping with us because Rellie and Tucker were "too noisy" with their talking and giggling and squirming. We had put them all three in a bed together. So, I let him sleep with us. He reminds us of when Jason was little-- he's the bullheaded one- the puzzle genius-- and the owner of the grouchy eyebrows. Tucker's more like his dad- talking..... talking..... still talking. He's also very loving and compassionate though. When he was looking through the Christmas toys catalogue he picked out some things for Rellie and when he first got here, he gave Rellie a hug. He's like that with his other cousins too. Baby Maddi loves him. Rellie is still trying to get over the trauma of the "scaries" from Halloween. I finally had to tell them that the garbage man hauled them off in the truck. Afterwards, I realized he's probably freak out every time he sees the garbaGe truck now. Well at least he doesn't think all the scaries are still in the garage at Jason's house.

In the morning I headed to practice leaving papa (or papacakes as Rellie calls him) with the three boys. Jason, Anne, and baby Maddi showed up toward the end of practice so Jas could help me out some. Maddi loved watching practice. She had the O face going. She has the same O face Daisha used to have when she was little, except that instead of saying Oh like Daisha did, she says "ew" with her O face. So anyway, I was holding her while I was standing in the key as the girls went flying by to do their lay-in and every time they flew by and shot her eyes would get all big and she would say "ewwwww" then giggle. It was SO cute. She definitely has some Kiester blood brewing in there. :D It is also definitely a freshmen basketball team. The nine best freshmen were moved up and I have what's left. Great girls, but some have a little trouble finding the square on the backboard-- even the big square! :D They'll improve though and they already have in just a few days.

Jas and Anne told me there was a Christmas Bazaar going on in the rest of the school, so after practice we went over there. It was HUGE! The parking lot looked like a sell-out football game and every hall was packed with booths and people. And yes, I bought a few things for Christmas presents. I mean who can pass up a Broncos microwave potato bag for the person who has everything? :D Thanks Jas and Anne for coming over, helping me out, sharing baby Maddi on my anniversary, and telling me about the fun bazaar. Anne and I got some great ideas for Christmas crafts too. We're going to have a Kiester family day in December just to make some of them. I'm really looking forward to that.

When I got home Stacy had already picked up their two boys and Rellie was the only one still hanging out with papa. We loaded him up and headed to Parma to take him to mommy. It was their anniversary this week too. They went out and ate and unfortunately got sick from the food, so it was quite memorable. :( After we dropped off Rellie we headed to Boise and the husband was in charge. He took me to the mall and said "Let's just go shopping." I almost fainted. I thougth maybe an alien had abducted my husband. We spent a few hours there and I did something I rarely do-- -bought myself some things. I haven't bought anything since last school year when I lost the weight. Quite honestly I was nervous about buying clothes right now because I feel like I haven't lost any more weight, so I've plateaued. Wrong..... I bought a pair of pants that were 5/6. What???? No Way! Then I remember the "Pant size article" I had my students read a while back. How stores are putting false sizes on their pants to make their customers feel better. So I tried on a different pair of dress pants... sure enough... still a 7/8. I bought the 5/6 pair of jeans anyway just to feel good about myself and decided that there might be something to that mind stuff. :D

I did break down and buy a few things for other people because I just felt so guilty only buying for myself even though that was my directive from my sweetie. Then it was "my turn" and I took him to the Japanese Steakhouse over on 8th Street. The have this seafood combination dinner (they serve presentation food on the white plates and make it look all fancy in the fine dining sections). When they brought it out it was in this huge silver pedestal bowl that took up most of the table. He had lobster, crab, oyster, mussels, shrimp, etc. on ice. It was beauteous. I ordered the salmon with finger potatoes (steamed long skinny potatoes with the skin still on) and asparagus. They put a topping on the fish that was delicious. It was like a chopped zucchini, lime, and onion salsa with some chopped spice (not cilantro). For an appetizer we had these lightly battered strips of turnip, zucchini, and carrot, with some prawns in the same batter. They also had very unique broth dips. It was all quite good except I had to spit out my oyster because it had a relish on the top that included Mesabi. HOT!

After dinner we went to a movie-- Hereafter-- and left scratching our head-- not because of the message-- because of the nonclimatic way it ended. Save your money. Still it was nice just to sit and relax and hold hands. It was a nice relaxing time with the sweetie. You are my forever sweetie. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed