Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's snowing.....



Woke up to chubby little arms and cheeks hugging me this morning. Then looked out and saw the snowflakes. It's the simple moments like that in life that make us the happiest. We took the two grandkids who spent the night (Daisha and Rellie) to breakfast this morning. They both ordered the pancake breakfast. Rellie liked the whip cream off Greg's hot chocolate the most though. He was very excited to see the snow too. We decided to take them and get some boots and hats since it was so wet outside. Rellie was beside himself when he saw all the Christmas decorations in the Christmas section at Wal-mart. He squeezed the inflatable snowman's carrot nose and ran to touch all the colored lights. It was so cute! The snowman ended up in the cart to take home to his mommy. Then Daisha picked some inflatable penguins to go to her house. Jason was not represented by any children, so we went for the metallic snowman (instead of an inflatable) so he'd feel special too. :D

I think we pushed every sound-making toy in the toy section at K-mart too. The dolls are almost creepy these days. You walk by and they start talking and playing peek-a-boo. Daisha and I decided one was stalking her for sure. All three grandsons will be well dressed Sunday in new white shirts and ties because they're all growing so fast everything's getting tighter and shorter. They are going to be quite the basketball team when they grow up! :D Speaking of basketball.... going to watch the varsity team play later today.

My brother's girlfriend said they make the life-size cutouts of the soldiers now and send home to the families, so she's been placing Bob, my brother, in pictures with family members... .like "breakfast with Bob". What a great idea. And so funny. Did I mention I miss my brother. Keep them always in our prayers. Hot chocolate is calling my name. Remember... warm chocolate-- not really hot. Not over 70 degrees is the rule. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.... except Monday of course. :D

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the snowman. I am so glad you gave us the metallic one. I love it.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Jas would want to be "different". :D I also pointed out to the husband that Jas already had his lights up. Then I pouted. :D

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed