Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oooblahdeeooblahdah....

Sometimes the best days are the average ones. No high highs and no low lows. Just a good 'ol average day. I keep waiting to feel stressed because basketball is around the corner (which means get everything finished on this project house now because there won't be time again until after the holidays), I have our drama play for the elementary next week and the one for Christmas down the road. Grades and P/T conferences are coming up next week. Everyone's coming over Saturday for the last BBQ of the summer/fall and to send off Gma Shorty to Oregon. So..... where's the stress? I'm sure it'll come, but I'm noticing that old age is mellowing me. I'm sure everyone will get fed Saturday. I'm sure there will always be SOMETHING I need to fix on this house. I'm sure the drama performances will be fine. I'm sure the papers will all get graded. Mostly, I'm sure that rushing life is only going to get me to the end quicker. Hey....not bad. I'm adding that to my quote book.

My calories at school have been great. Very disciplined there. When I get the husband disciplined.... I'll have it made. I have a backup plan though. He's very competitive, so maybe I need to challenge him. Have to do something. I never realized how much sugar he ate until now. Maybe I'll make him keep track of his sugar intake. That'll teach him. I say this as I'm baking cupcakes for my class of the month. Okay.... I'm a sweet tooth too. We'll work on it. I'm never going on a sugar freak/free diet though so don't hold your breath on that one Kali. Not happening.

Rellie slept on Papa's head last night instead of mine. Good thing we have a king size bed or he could have been sleeping on both of us. He's getting so big we might have to kick him out. Nah. Tomorrow night I'm cooking fingersteaks at the eldest son's house whilst the husband supervises a FB game, then I'm babysitting little Maddi for the middle son so they can go to the church dance. Being a grandma is not only fun, it helps burn calories.

1 comment:

  1. Rellie takes up our King Size bed to, I had to sleep hanging off the edge because he had to sprawl out, gotta love him :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed