Sunday, October 10, 2010

Falling off the food wagon....


I have not been behaving myself and my pants (the skinny ones) are starting to fit now instead of sagging..... time to get back to my healthier habits. My partner in crime-- the husband-- is not any help. He buttered not one, but two pecan pull aparts and warmed them in the microwave for me this weekend. I also blame my daughter-in-law Anne for making me eat her homemade buttermilk pancake syrup today. Just because I asked her to make it-- is no excuse. Then with Halloween coming my daughter, the coupon queen, goes and gets 30 bags of candy for FREE! Do NOT bring it to my house!
This morning my mom and dad came for breakfast then went to church with us for the baby blessing. Baby Kayson was blessed today. Jason and Anne came over too. Maddi entertained all of us with her new "oh" face and her fear of the killer toes (my dad's socked feet). After a nice big, fattening breakfast and a late night of painting (the last room is officially blue), I was a lethargic blob at church. Throw in menopausal hot flashes and it was a recipe for "how do I stay awake through my daughter's church meetings and mine?" After church we headed to Gma Shorty's and of course this always involves eating as well. And of course she made homemade carmel corn to send home. We didn't take the bag she had for us, but we did take Jeremy's kids' their bag.... and I didn't eat any of it on the way to their house. That's about the only thing I didn't eat today! I have got to do better this week.
On a bright food note (one of only a few this weekend) we did BBQ for dinner last night. We had salmon, baked potato, and asparagus. Unfortunately, we followed with the pecan pull-aparts for dessert.
Well, I can only repent and move on with a renewed commitment to a healthier eating week. Plus I will go do my 50 crunches right now. The picture is of Mandy and Baby Kayson (a.k.a. "the chunk") who was blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed