Sunday, October 3, 2010

Break-fast

So today I was reading the Multi-grain Cheerios box and it said to eat them when "breaking your fast" and the way they wrote it, it was explaining that your body fasts during the night and what you eat first thing in the morning is not only breaking your fast, it's telling your body a lot of other things. So... it's important to think about the first thing you eat in the morning. Plus, I had never thought about where the word "breakfast" came from. By the way, those kind of CheeRios only have 150 calories per bowl (with milk) which is 80 calories less than most of the cereals I have been eating.

Saturday I picked up one more light fixture at a yard sale-- two bucks. Only have one left to find and I think we're going to go with a fan for that one, so might be a little harder to find second-hand. Watched Rello and Kayson so Mandy could teach her coupon class. Rello got a great deal on a dragon castle-- two bucks. AFter the coupon class we had to hang up the yard sale shoes and work on the "project of the day" on our project house.

So I watch HGTV every day and I know you all make fun of me for it, but I use what
I learn. For example--the door project. While Greg and his brother redid the inside framing for the door (that was like watching the Three STooges by the way), I tried painting the door (the exterior of the front door). I've seen it done many times on HGTV. So.... it turned out pretty good-- made it dark brown. I felt like a tagger out there in the yard with my spray can. I remembered what they said about never stopping the can in one spot or your paint will pool.... until I saw a spot I missed. Rookie mistake-- I held the can in one spot. It pooled. So, there's one blemish on the door. It's not really that noticeable and most people won't stand there and study my front door. It looks great and we've already had compliments. Jas and Anne are going to do their door next.

They came over for biscuits and gravy this morning. I haven't made that for a while. We also bought some fresh potatoes yesterday so Greg fried up some with fresh purple onions we bought yesterday too. It was all quite yummy. Stacy came over for breakfast too and we all watched conference afterwards. I think the main thing I got from the speakers today was to be grateful for what we do have and stop whining or focusing on what we do not have. Seems to be a theme from different people and sources in my life right now, so I need to pay attention. :)

Helped Jeremy out with some college work yesterday and gave him a little break from the kids so he could watch the BSU game (blowout) and just relax. His wife will be back next week and he's counting the hours. Having four little ones at home can be overwhelming for anyone! He's doing a great job though. Papa's making his Sunday cookies with Jeremy's kids as we speak. Rello called me from the timeout corner about an hour ago. He stuck a hanger in the VCR and just wanted to let me know that he was sorry. Plus, could he come to grandma's house. I suppose grandma's house is a lot better than standing in the timeout corner.

Next week is Jac and Kylee's game here against BSU and we all get to go watch them. I can't wait. Next week we also get a four day, much needed break which we will use to get more done at home.

I am so blessed. I have such great kids and grandkids. I love their families and all that they bring to my life. I have a husband who makes me smile, makes me crazy, and makes me complete. I am so loved and have so much love in my life. I wish that for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed