Saturday, October 16, 2010

Long Weeks and Longer Nights

We're heading into fall and the weather is still like summer, but the nights remind us that winter really is coming. Long nights make the week feel longer as we try to adjust. The good thing is... I've noticed I go to bed, and consquently to sleep, earlier than I normally do when the nights start getting longer. I heard something on the news today that said we need less sleep as we get older. That's good. It also said that if you're having a hard time sleeping, you should try taking a short nap during the afternoon. I've noticed I get lathargic between 2:30-3:30pm. Found out that's normal. Unfortunately, unlike NASA who has nap rooms, there aren't any teacher nap rooms at school.

Yesterday I got to babysit little Maddy for the first time. She was such a cutie and I'm not just saying that because she's my grandchild. I got to see the "O" face several times and she loved calling people so much she would point to the phone for me to call someone else. So... Aunt Mandy, Uncle Jeremy, and Papa all received calls from Maddi yesterday. And thank you for all talking the baby talk to her. Baby talk aside, she is really growing up. Standing on her own, but not for long. And the girl loves to dance! We had a fun time and I'm glad her mom and dad can go out on dates again. :D Watched Kayson... a.k.a. "the chunk" and Rello yesterday while mommy went to her appointment. That was a little more work! Just lifting beastie boy is work and he's now at the age that he doesn't just want to chill. He wants you to pick him up AND pack him around. It's like weightlifing 101! He is a smiley baby though so that eases some of the back pain. Rello came and had lunch with me again yesterday. I love it when he comes to school.

Got a call from my brother today. They have a couple more months till they leave the training base and head to Iraq so I am enjoying our long conversations while I can. I love him very much. He was telling me that some of these new hi-tech cell phones with the built in computers, etc. are actually very unsafe as far as people tapping into them. I guess that they operate on open air waves (that's how you can get the internet) and hackers have already figured out how to not only hack into your conversations, they pick up whatever you do on the internet. He told me not to do anything involving account numbers log-ins, and/or passwords on my phone. Lucky for me, I don't use internet on my phone-- don't even have it connected.

So I am doing a lot better with my eating DESPITE my husband's incurable sweet tooth and "let's eat out" bad influence. :D For example, today, when he bought 5 snickerdoodles and 3 chocolate chip cookies from some cute little kids at a yard sale, I only ate one of each. The bad news.... he ate the rest. He also was not happy when I got him the X-small icee at Maverik. We went very light on lunch (I had homemade tacobean soup I made yesterday) and a banana. He had the rest of my Subway from a few days ago (I know... he should have thrown it out) and we both shared the grapes. For supper I scrambled some eggs with spinach and fresh red peppers and one piece of toast. We each had a baby ice cream cone. We only had cereal for breakfast so minus the cookies, we actually had a really good calorie day.

breakfast- frosted mini wheats (230)
lunch- banana, homemade soup, grapes (300)
snack- two cookies (150)
supper- 2 eggs w/spinach and red pepper (180), one pc. of ww toast (90), 1 cup of skim milk (90)= 360
ice cream (1/4 cup on a sugar cone)= 125 + 3 sips of Greg's icee (35-50 cal.)
Total calories= 1200

Okay... so I have to end with a story that will make you smile. It should. It made me cry.... from laughing so hard. So we pulled up to Maverik so he could refill his Icee because he wasn't happy that he only got an x-small earlier and luckily I looked over as he was starting down the sidewalk into the store. It was like a slow-mo scene from some movie. At first I thought, "No... I'm not seeing that." Then I was like, "Oh No! No Way!" And I started honking the horn because getting out of the car would have taken longer and he was nearing people by the door. To my horror he stopped, turned around and STOOD THERE looking at me like "are you honking at me?" Okay... now who else would I be honking at?! So I motioned wildly (while trying to wipe the tears of uncontrollable laughter from my face) for him to come back to the car quickly. I could hardly choke the words out and I could tell he was not amused that he had to come back and that I was laughing so ridiculously. "Honey.... you have a tail!" I didn't know how else to tell him. He looked confused and I could tell he thought I was pulling a prank on him. I told him to turn around and he wiped off the back of his pants knocking it to the seat so he didn't see it. "What tail?" I pointed to the 6 square roll of toilet paper (thank goodness it was clean) that was now sitting in his seat. His eyes got huge? "That was on me?" I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk so I just shook my head and his face turned red. That pit stop we made at home to go potty between yard sales was apparently a bit too rushed. I seriously thought stuff like that only happened in movies. I can only imagine what the people in Maverik would have thought if I hadn't spotted it and he had traipsed around getting his Icee with his T.P. tail. Sorry honey.... I had to tell. It was WAY too Kodak moment. Love you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed