Monday, April 18, 2011

When Pooh Hits the Fan.....

I got up and got dressed and my pants were too tight. Bad way to start my day. I slept very little thinking about dress rehearsal and 17 set changes on a 9' stage and no right wing. I flashed back to last year and Kali doing her dance in the cat costume and our three teachers ending the show as KISS. How do I top that? I'm afraid I don't.

Like any coach, I am going over the game tape in my head.... again and again. What to change. What to focus on in the next practice. How to win next time (because tonight was not a "W"). I don't know what I was thinking trying to pull off something so complicated with only 5 full cast rehearsals and the rest just 15-20 minute morning and lunch groups by scenes. I just have to suck it up and make the most of tomorrow and Wednesday day and hope the kids care enough to buckle down and do their parts (which they've had since February). They all have so much going on I think they just kept thinking "I'll work on it tomorrow." Well, tomorrow is the day before opening night. My Pink Ladies are awesome and Sandy is awesome. I'm hoping we pull it together and I'm praying REALLY HARD!

As if starting off with tight pants wasn't bad enough, I discovered (as I was driving to school) that when I closed my left eye-- everything was blurry. Somehow I had lost my right contact. Then I forgot two props for the rehearsal (just little things like a toothbrush and pie tin-- which my daughter brought-- thank you Mandy). Then we had the "what was I thinking" dress rehearsal.

Then I come home and read facebook posts that make my head hurt worse. Then I remembered.... it's Monday! That explains it. I'm going to bed and ending this less than wonderful day but I am still grateful that I am alive and well to experience it and I know that I need to humble myself and pray for direction in how to handle the adversity I know I will face tomorrow as I stress and face challenges. Being angry will not solve anything. Tearing others down (even if they don't do their job) will not help. I need to do some team building tomorrow-- not tearing down. And I need to bring sunshine-- not rain.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed