Sunday, April 3, 2011

color my life...... burgandy

So we went yard-saling yesterday... until the Wizard of Oz weather hit. Okay, I plowed through it and kept yard-saling. Call me dedicated. Amongst our driving journey I noticed all the green grass and fields everywhere. Even in the rain, it was a thing of beauty. I love green. I may change it to my favorite color. This made me think about color choices in my life, so I said to the husband, "What were our wedding colors?" I could see the sweat building on his forehead as he stalled. Then finally he said, "Baby blue." Right...... I would choose a guy color! I asked him why he thought it was that color and (wait.... it gets better) he said, "Because your bridesmaids dresses were baby blue." I guess I attended a different wedding. I said, "Hon, they were burgundy." Oh yea..... everything came back to him then. In his defense, I had a baby blue dress that I wore to prom and he wore a matching baby blue tux. C'mon... don't laugh... it was the '70's. That was very cool then.

So we got to see all of our children and grandchildren in our traveling yesterday. That is the joy of living so close to the best thing (other than marrying each other) that we have ever done or will ever do in our life. Some of the children were lucky enough to see us more than once because we're forgetful like that. We decided to have a "boys night" too so the three little boys came over to stay, but Bry Bry cracked at the last minute and decided to go home with mom and dad, so Daisha got to fill in by default. Tucker's fan club (Rellie) was so excited to see Tucker that it has taken over night to keep him from not walking on his heels. He loves his cousin.

I found tap shoes for Daisha and she was trying them out on our wood floors. Her dad announced that the shoes had to stay at my house. I'm signing her up for dance lessons this summer, so dad might have to get used to it (or hope he has all carpet at their new house):D. Daisha, the seven-year-old, informed me that she could only do dance classes if it didn't interfere with her basketball. That's my girl! Got some other great deals yard-saling too like one of those "listen to the heartbeat" monitors for Jas and Anne. $29.99 on T.V. or $1.00 at the yard sale.

The best part of the day, besides seeing the kids and grandkids, was just driving around and seeing that summer really is coming. That also means we will be looking for a new house with some land so we can have some critters and my bucket list barn. Finally...... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed