Thursday, April 21, 2011

Opening Night

Well, opening night is always full of unforgettable bloopers and tonight was no exception. Overall, on a scale of 1-5 I'd give us a 3. Given the 16 set changes on a 9' stage without a right wing and a staircase as the left wing-- they didn't do too bad. The dropped poor Kinicke as they were carrying him off stage (just half of him), but he survived. Sandy's cheerleading skirt came undone (so she didn't jump) and 2 of the swing dancers didn't wear leggins under their dance dresses-- just the normal underclothes and we had some unfortunate flashing that needs to be fixed before Saturday. The sound system wasn't great either, but we can work on that. Danny needs to be louder and has a lot to remember, but I have confidence he'll be better the next show now that the nerves have survived opening nights. Sandy has a great voice and the pink ladies were awesome. Everyone said great things despite the bloopers and sound problems. We all survived and they always seem to do better the second time around. I'm relieved and happy for the kids.

I am also thankful to my daughter for bringing me flowers for opening night (she is thoughtful like that) and brownies (which the cast loved). Plus she took tickets for me with her two kids on her lap. Then there's the husband. I couldn't have done it without him. He helped with a lot of things and always supports my little side jobs.

After the show we stopped by Jeremy and Stacy's new house (well- the inspection passed so it should be their house soon) and it's HUGE! While some people are complaining about the horrible housing market, I am excited to see that some families who couldn't afford much, can now afford a house. In this case, a really nice house. 3500 Square feet for an unbelievable amount. With five kids, they will be in house heaven. Right now, they are in 1400 feet and tripping on each other. I am so happy for them.

And now, I'm going to watch American Idol and go to bed and sleep soundly because opening night is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed