Friday, April 15, 2011

Jaws-- an epic

The midlife continues.... I have been having the strangest flashbacks lately. Had another tonight. We picked up the grandkids to go to the movies (I do NOT recommend Gnomey and Juliet-- killed some brain cells there) and ended up having to take Daisha back home because she shut her finger in the car door and pinched it pretty good-- did the indent with broken skin thing. It also started to swell and she had a temporary meltdown. Thought it might be broken at first, but decided it wasn't after further inspection. She's such a toothpick it wouldn't take much. Broke my heart.

So anyway while I was sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start I had a flashback to sitting up in the balcony part of the old theater in Glenns Ferry where we went to high school and watching "Jaws" for the first time. It was the scariest movie I had ever seen. It was so intense. I remember everyone in the theater screaming. Kids today would probably just laugh or make fun of the weak sauce special effects, but I remember being in awe. You see, I wasn't desensitized. I didn't watch that stuff day in and day out. I watched "Little House on the Praire" and "The Waltons" (goodnight Mary Ellen) and sometimes "All in the Family" (which was considered a little risque). Of course there was the "Bionic Man" (and woman-- later) but you can see why "Jaws" was such a step for me.

Tucker came home with us to spend the night with Rellie. They were playing with the lego blocks when my brother called from Iraq. I miss him but this time has gone so much faster than the last time-- I am thankful. I pray for his continued safety and the safety of all American troops. I am also thankful (not on the same level obviously) for warm lemon honey water to calm my porcupine throat. Have to get better so we can go yard-saling in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed