Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

So far we've only had one good day of sunshine this week. I hope that changes. Plus, even with "low" levels of radiation in the air that "we shouldn't be concerned with" it makes me leery of the rain even more. This is the same government who's telling us that cutting spending to education is helping it because we're getting laptops (and paying for it by taking money FROM our school budgets so we have less money). In the meantime, I'll be avoiding milk and drinking my water that's bottled (not purified water however-- that means it had a problem in the first place). I keep reading comments like, "it's the same radiation you'd get in a flight to Ohio" and I think, "What? We get radiated when we're flying?! Have we been told this before?" Or they compare it to the radiation we get when having a cat scan. I'm thinking, "Gee, I have to have one of those every 5 years." Between MRIs, X-rays, and Cat Scans,-- it's no wonder I was at the doctor yesterday having my 4th "bad" mole removed. I'm sure my early suntanning years are the main reason, but now I'm thinking I'm just going to say "no" when these test-happy doctors want to radiate me!

The nurse who assisted with my surgery yesterday was.... interesting. I swear, if something odd can happen anywhere, I have the odd-magnet/target on my forehead. As she was prepping me she told me I didn't need to change into a gown because they could just roll up my shirt. Hmmmm. I questioned this, but she insisted I didn't need to. When the doctor came in and they both started looking for the site to deaden they were pointing to my lower back at a mole there. Luckily, he has a great memory and was questioning her. Yikes! I said, "Um, it's on my upper right shoulder blade guys." He sternly told her to get the chart and that that's what he thought too. He was a little grumpy with her during the surgery and while they were sewing things up. He's usually quite a conversationalist and gives me step-by-step reports so the surgery seemed longer than normal this time. Having it right on my shoulder blade makes things a little tricky. Plus, he said he needed to go deeper. It felt like it. Still, whatever it takes.... He's been able to get all of every one of them so far, so I trust him. Haven't had one come back yet.

As I was leaving they "reminded me" not to lift for two weeks and avoid reaching forward too quickly. Oh, and no getting it wet for two more days. I said okay and headed home to get the stuff for drama practice. The husband loaded up the BBQ grill and it was nice to BBQ for the kids before we practiced. They are all involved in so many things. Many of them come straight from a sports practice. It wasn't a "great" practice as far as the singing goes, but we did work out blocking on a couple of our shakier scenes and they all swore they'd work on their parts this weekend. We shall see. Next week is the hard one with so many of them gone and no night practices the week before we open. Pray for us. Mandy brought Rellie and Kayson over to the BBQ and to watch the practice. That was fun. They liked watching and eating with mem and papa.

It's only Thursday..... it's been a long week. One of those weeks when every day seems like Monday. Some good news though, our son and his wife found a house and put an offer in. They are just waiting to hear back now. We are excited for them. My shoulder is very sore this morning and this is too much typing already. Not good. Gotta go to school though-- too much going on. Hope it doesn't rain again today....

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed