Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Partly cloudy with chances of sunshine

Hooray for Tuesdays.... the day that proves we survived Monday! I was so cold last night I heard the heater kick on quite a bit and my windows were frosted this morning. However, I was determined not to let it get me down today. By the time the sun got all the way up in the sky, it actually got warm outside and it felt like "real" spring weather. This did wonders for everybody's spirits. I was also pleased to see my kids back early this morning to "practice" some more for the play.
Apparently they were as disappointed as I was last night. With my new attitude and their new found knowledge that they will be facing their peers tomorrow (ready or not) we all forged forward in a much more focused pace. There's now only one scene that I am not comfortable with and I have ideas for fixing that tomorrow.

I know I should be more stressed given the number of set changes and how dress rehearsal went last night, but I had a talk with some of the seniors and it made me remember that it's not just about putting on a good show; it's about creating high school moments and memories that will stay with them forever. I know Kali will never forget being the jitterbugging cat and no one will forget Mr. Leonard in tights. So... the show must go on and sink or swim I know there will be some lifelong memories created tomorrow.

I'm going to bed early since I didn't sleep much last night. At my age it's not polite to tell me to break a leg, so just pray for me and more importantly for the kids who are performing tomorrow. I just want them to do their best-- whatever that is. And now I must go spray paint a wig for Frenchie's pink hair. If you come to the performance, just focus on Sandy-- she's awesome-- and ignore the noises behind the curtain. Hey, maybe I'll do Wizard of Oz next year......

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed