Sunday, April 24, 2011

Empty Nesters Easter

It was a beautfiul Easter. The weather was mild, but not too cold or too hot. We went for a six mile bike ride and I could smell the lilacs blooming. Made me think of Grandma Tucker. When I suggested a bike ride I had envisioned riding over to the new track where I want to start going to walk/run to get ready for the Race for the Cure I'm doing in two weeks, but the husband says he needs to drop off a key to someone so I thought, no problem, we'll just bike it over. Six miles later!!! I felt like one of the contestants on Biggest Loser and imagined Jillian yelling in my ear as I was biking up the last part of the bunny hill and debating whether I was going to make it or have to get off and walk. I made it because the athlete in me was not going to get off. Luckily the rest of the ride was pretty easy. When we were on the home stretch I must have been lacking oxygen to the brain because my dyslexia kicked in and I yelled, "I can feel the hair in my wind." Luckily, no one heard me. When we got back I didn't even have rubber legs, so it musn't have been that hard at all.

We had a very peaceful and relaxing day. It was good just to spend time with each other and to reflect on the important things in life. Of course that includes Christ and the example he brought forth through his mortal ministry upon this earth. Some people ask me what I'll do if I get to the other side and find out it isn't what I think it's going to be. Well then, I've wasted my life TRYING to be more Christlike and compassionate. Gee, that's terrible. And I've lived a life of hope and gratitude instead of pessimistic disappointment and emptiness. I have witnessed too many miracles in my life to ignore the existence of a higher power. Just look around outside or try to understand the human brain and it's hard to deny the existence of a higher power. We've called upon that higher power many times as a family and I've seen it work many times. This Easter day as we celebrate that knowledge, I give thanks again to God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I also give thanks for the eternal nature of families and the precious gift of this life we are living.

Speaking of that.... Savannah (Nan) had her baby today-- an Easter Baby! :)

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed