Sunday, April 3, 2011

a walk down memory lane

The three little monkeys (grandkids) slept quite well last night and we all awoke to wonderful sunshine. It could have been a little warmer, but it was better than yesterday. This meant that we all got the outside bug today. We drug out the tub of outside toys and they gravitated toward the dumptrucks and tractors. These went nicely with the mini-mounds of dirt in our backyard (thanks to a gopher). The gopher has been exterminated, but the mounds have not. Is there anything more exciting than playing in dirt or water as a kid?

We also went for a Sunday drive and stopped at the portapotty at Papa's school because Daisha couldn't wait until we got back home. We saw some nice houses that have potential on our house-hunting list, but of course we'll have to wait till school's out to officially start making visits with George (our realtor). It was a nice day for a drive though.

When we got back Jas and Anne came over adding baby Maddi to the kid mix and we decided to do some Sand Art. Boy that brought back some memories! Then we watched Conference and as usual were reminded of a lot of very simplistic, but necessary points about the gospel of Jesus Christ: be kinder; take care of those in need; try to be and not just "do". Russ and Mandy showed up too so we had a full house and that always excites Rellie. He loves his cousins and hates leaving them.

I remember how much I loved my cousins and their visits as well. When I lived with Gma and Gpa we constantly had visiting cousins and Gma's house was the holiday house where everyone went to gather for the holidays. Tonight I went to Carol (my cousin) and Tom's house to plan our family reunion for this summer and what a trip down memory lane that was. We reminisced about so many things and all agreed that we need to stop being such strangers. For a family that used to be so close, we have all grown apart and into our own little worlds. I am looking forward to rekindling those family bonds and spending more time with my family now that I live so close to them. It also affirmed to me that this is where I need to be right now in my life. I also need to be in bed right now, so I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed