Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Kids

It's funny that no matter how old your children get.... they are still and always will be... your baby. You still feel a need to protect them.... though that's much harder now that they're all grown with families of their own. You still need to check their forehead when you think they have a fever (and I do). You still give them hugs and say I love you often (and I do). And you still miss the little things about each of them. Mostly, you rejoice in their successes and sorrow in their pains.

This past Sunday Jas and Anne came over for dinner again. We love having them. Little Maddi had the two pony-tails going on again and looked SO cute. She is really growing up. It was also fun to show them our walls that now have actual pictures on them and shelves that have actual artifacts on them! Last night I even put up some vinyl lettering. I also checked on Mandy's house since she'll be home tomorrow with little Rello. Yeah!

I was going to go to Jeremy's to help with the kids since Stacy flew to NJ to see her grandma who is very sick (brain tumor) but he said he had it under control.... for the time. I am going there today after school to fix dinner and take care of the kiddies while Jeremy goes to his college class. Stacy called him last night from the hospital in NJ and said her grandma had died in surgery. My prayers go out to her and her mom's family. I am glad that Stacy will be there for her mom during this time.

It brought back, as it does every time someone's grandma dies, memories of my own grandmother. She was/is such a big part in my life. I lived there so much and relied on her so much. She's been gone a long time and I still miss her very much. I am going to do one of the bedrooms up in her "stuff". I have her bed, dresser, and a coffee table that was custom made for her. I also have pictures I'm going to hang up in her bedroom. I want my grandkids to know her and of her. I also hope to be half the grandma she was. To do that, we will eventually need to meet our goal of buying some acreage and having a resemblance of a "farm". Nothing beats the experience of a farm in my opinion. We had an offer on our house in Shelley, but it's contingent on them selling their house and in this economy... who knows. We can pray. :D When we do sell it, we will need help rounding up various chickens, horses, calves, and other farm-like critters as we move out to a farm.

Until then.... I'll keep piecing together my latest project... our little house in Middleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed