Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ready for the rain to stop

If you've read my other "raining" posts you know it's been a crazy couple of weeks with multiple vehicles breaking down and children having surgery, etc. Well.... it just keeps raining. We spent our first night in our house and when we woke up yesterday morning the carpet in our bedroom was wet. My husband had turned the shower on the night before to clean it and apparently it had a broken pipe. All the new carpet we just put in was soaked.... is soaked. The house has sat for a year and a half and I guess pipes can freeze and break. So yesterday we had a plumber out then the guys who do all the cleanup. I now have a big hole in our bedroom wall that we just painted where they had to cut to get to the pipe too. Today the insurance adjuster comes.

But even out of this there are blessings. We caught the break early. The clean up guys said they just cleaned a guys' house who didn't catch it for two months and that mold had set in and his whole family had been sick. Plus, when we closed on the house they threw in a one year limited warranty which happened to include plumbing (not carpet though) so the break in the pipe was covered. Our home insurance is covering the rest and it got a little into the bathroom floor that I wanted to change out so that is covered as well. All in all, things we were going to fix along the way on our budget, are now going to be covered. But.... sleeping on the foldout last night and knowing we have more messes and fans going for a few days is pushing back a lot we need to get done. I haven't felt overwhelmed in a long time and I am feeling tired and a bit overwhelmed with little time and so much to do.

Still.... I have my kids and grandkids to cheer me up and lift me up and help me up and they do. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed