Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's a small world after all.....

Be nice to everyone.... you never know when you'll meet up later in life. First our new "mechanic" in town turns out to be a kid who lived next to us when our kids were little and we were good friends with his parent. He saved us a ton of money on our vehicle breakdown. Then, after the lovely bathroom flooding the guy came back again yesterday to see how the carpets were drying out and had a couple other guys with him. The one kid "seemed familiar" too me but I couldn't place him and when you've coached so long and been a teacher.... who knows. So we were all standing around in one of the bedrooms watching the main guy go down into the crawl space and we were chitchatting with the other two when he spotted all of the husband's ties. This lead to where we used to live and once again.... Jimmy (James now) turned out to be another kid of some very good friends of ours-- this time from Glenns Ferry.

We caught up on family-- seems to be a theme lately. His dad just got cleared of colon cancer. Doctor told him all his red meat consumption (he's a rancher) was a big factor. So... another reminder not to eat red meat more than twice a week. Also balance it with lots of fruits and veggies. Anyway, we visited, caught up on all his family and found out he also does plumbing,etc. We are set with resources now! Good thing.... it's been raining so much. They finally turned the industrial fans off tonight and they're supposed to clean up and replace everything on Tuesday (after the three day holiday. I think we'll go get the other beds out of the son's garage tomorrow because it could be a long three days if I have to keep sleeping on the foldout. :D

So today little Rello came to see me at school when his dad came to pick up something out of my car. He likes to sit in my chair at my desk (which he did while his dad ran out to the car to get his stuff). My students thought he was cute of course, but I warned them he would not be cute when his dad tried to get him to leave.... I called it. I said, "Rellie, you can take Mr. Potato Man with you (since he was playing with it by my desk anyway)" and he said, "No, I want to take Grandma with me!" as dad picked him up and took him out with his little arms reaching back to me. How cute was that! I told him to be good and I would come see him. He behaved after that and they left. Tomorrow after school we'll go get him for a little while.

Got home tonight and the sprinklers are working outside and the mosquitos are out in full force. Stacy (Greg's brother) came over to help and he's going to put some new trim in for me tomorrow. I can't wait till this weekend so I can get more unpacked and feel like we're really moved in. Will take time out Sunday to rest, go to church, and go to a family reunion. God and family-- keeps me grounded. Crunches, keep me skinny. Better go do them-- been a slacker, but no more excuses. Get 'er done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed