Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pants on the ground


So I just read this article-- which I'm going to share with my students-- about pants sizing. Apparently the size on the pants--especially men's pants-- isn't correct. For example, at Ross if the pants say they're a 36-- they could be a 41" waist. Wow! So before you go thinking you're all skinny because of the size of your jeans, you better measure. Go by the weight on your scales and not the size on your pants!

I haven't had much time to measure or weigh lately. School all day then straight home to the project house. The husband and I do take about 30 minutes of "timeout" time each day after work and I LOVE that time. We get our puzzles (suduko and crossword) and we each pick a couch in the front room and we kick up our feet, lay back, and quietly enjoy the quiet and the simple presence of being together this year. For those of you thinking that's boring.... wait till you get to that point in your life. It's great!

It also gives us the extra boost we need to regenerate our energy and tackle another one of the million projects on our house. Last night was all about painting and visiting with my brother. He deploys Monday so it was good to get to spend some more time with him. He and Greg put up the small ceiling fan in our kitchen. It's one of the used ones I bought and my brother (an electrician) said that you have to make sure the blades are secure and balanced and that you know the weight limit of the brace you're attaching it to. Otherwise you might be getting a helicopter in your plate at dinner if the fan's above the dining room table and it's not properly installed and double-checked--especially if it's a used fan.... good to know. Good to have a brother for an electrician. He also set us straight on the smoke detector in our living room. It's an old one so we were going to change it out and we didn't know that you have one main one that sends and receives to the other ones. We had the main one and we almost replaced it with one that would not have done that. Saved again. I love my brother and will miss him... but I will not be a baby. Okay.. I need to go get a tissue.

After they left we started up the painting again. I finished the main bathroom and almost knocked off the whole kitchen. The fridge was a little to heavy for me to move myself at 2am so I gave up just inches from victory and went to bed. It's looking good though. Tonight I will definitely finish it and tackle some trim. The other rooms in need of painting will have to wait until next week because we leave for Spud Days in Eastern Idaho tomorrow. :)

Oh, and thank you Mandy for bringing Rello to have lunch with grandma. I love that you do that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed