Friday, September 24, 2010

Drive-in Movies

I am told that drive-in movies are becoming a novelty and that there aren't that many left across the U.S. It's quite the affair to get all "packed" for the event. When we went to pick up the kids they were ready with sleeping bags and pillows but papa's truck blew a hose (we call it the money pit truck)as he pulled in the driveway from work. So... it was grandma's boring car and lots of arms and legs packed into the front seat on top of mem and papa.

Once again, we looked like rookies compared to the veterans at the drive-in. They had their fold out chairs and smores pits and one group even had their couch. We've got to step it up. We were going for the blow up mattress in the back of the truck, but that didn't pan out. Maybe next time. I'd like to say the movie was great.... it was only good. Nanny McPhee II. Or whatever they called it. It was cute, but Tucker was more interested in telling me about the Transformer he "almost" bought earlier in the day and Bryton was out cold 10 minutes into the movie. Poor guy... happens to him every time. Then there were the fireflies... big ones. They were awesome. We all became distracted watching them. The kids had never seen them before. haven't seen them that big since I lived in Texas (when I was in the second grade). They were very cool.

Munching Cheetos with Tucker then falling asleep cheek to cheek with Daisha was still pretty fun. What? We made it till the last 10 minutes. That's progress for both of us. We listened to the football games on the way home (on the radio). Both our schools lost. Bummer. Boise State plays tomorrow and Grandma Shorty was featured in the newspaper all decked out in her Bronco attire. She is a die hard fan. You know not to call during the game. She may be 88, but she'll still let you have it for interrupting the game. We called her to ask for her autograph and she just laughed. She said she didn't even know she was in there until she opened up the paper just to read it today. Said she almost missed it and the picture caught her eye. One of the grandkids had sent it in. Go Broncos! And Go Gma Shorty! :D

Rellie headed off to the coast with his parents today. He spent the night last night since we won't see him for almost a week. He slept right next to my face 90% of the night, but no complaints. He's just too cute to complain. He wanted his scrambled eggs and chocolate milk for breakfast. He was also excited to ride to school with grandma (me). We both got excited when we saw the moon in the morning sky and the pink sun coming up from the other direction at the same time. He loves the moon. Got him a little confused though because then he wanted to know where the stars were and thought it was night time. It was so pretty though. Daisha said she saw it on her bus this morning too. Then tonight on the way to the drive-in it was another beautiful sunset, plus the full moon showing early.

Life always has it's trials, and bills, and things breaking down, and sickness, etc., but if we stop to think about what we "do" have and what "is" right in our life and we take the time to look out the window as we drive, we realize just how blessed we are. A friend of mine at work said she was listening to some talk show the other day and the guy said that instead of saying "I HAVE to go to work" we shoudl say "I GET to go to work" and instead of saying "I HAVE to go see my parents or friend or kids" we should say "I GET to..." anyway, I think about that every time I start to say "I have to..." and it has changed my attitude a little... for the better. Now I "Have" to go do my crunches.... wait... I GET to. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed