Saturday, May 21, 2011

moving on

Yesterday and today spent time with family that I have not spent a lot of time with in the last 10 years. It was nice and long overdue. We are all reflecting and reconnecting. Funny how it sometimes takes funerals to bring people together and to force everyone to reassess their priorities. So it was nice. Had dinner at one of my sister's house last night and everyone visited. Had the actual services today. My brothers from Iowa fly home tomorrow night. My brother who came home from Iraq for the funeral will go back Tuesday or Wednesday. Two of his sons were down for the funeral today. It was good to see them today.

My counselors n primary brought dinner over and we ate it tonight. It was so appreciated. Jeremy and Stacy got a lot of their stuff moved in to their new house-- enough to stay there tonight. They are very excited about that and we are happy for them. Jason's been called as Elder's Quoram President in his ward and they'll set him apart tomorrow. Mandy got in another coupon class before the funeral today. Hope your feeling better tomorrow sweeta.

So I picked it right on American Idol. :D I do have to say that it was pretty funny when they were doing their hometown visits and Hailey said to the one fan, "Thanks for freakin' out" and she meant it.... and the girl was freakin out. I wasn't surprised Hailey got kicked off though. Even though her voice is so unique, her attitude is not attractive.

I am tired. Long week. Glad the memorial service is over. More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed