Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beautiful Sunday

The sun was shining and it was a day off. Church was great and as soon as we got home I put a big batch of brownies in the oven and we headed out on our bikes. We decided to take the bike path toward the bridge this time. In Shelley it's about 4 miles round trip and beautiful scenery (including the river) along the way. Well, it was probably a mile or so over and another mile or so back and some of it was nice enough, but they have a ways to go before I get too excited about it. Still, it was a beautiful day and we were outside breathing in the fresh air. A couple of times along the path I even smelled the rich aroma of heavenly lilacs. I love that smell. It takes me home.

I love looking at everything turn green and seeing everyone outside with their families. I love being with my family too. Both of my sons and their families came over for dinner. I have been craving corn on the cob and squash so we had that with some crockpot chicken and some Spanish rice. And of course I had the brownies for dessert. Oh and I made broccoli salad too. I was hungry. Most of what I made (minus the brownies) was pretty healthy though.

Jilly and Maddi are growing up so fast. They are just adorable together. They play with the little kitchen and fake dishes etc. when they come over. We bring it out in the living room for them and they are so cute to watch. Tucker is shooting up like a proud bean pole and the pants we just got are already highwaters on him. Daisha still has 3 inches on him though. With dad at 6'6" they both stand a good chance of remaining at the top of their class in heighth!

Mandy stayed home still sick with the boys. There's so much of the spring sicknesses going around mixed with allergies right now. That's another reason I'm glad it's warming up-- Spring Cleaning! Get out the vinegar and start washing everything down. My grandma used it to clean everything including the walls and windows. Not today though-- it's Sunday.

We went on our Sunday drive and delivered some brownies to a friend and went to see what we could see as far as houses for sale, but it's pretty hard to do that when you forget your glasses. I had forgotten that I took my contacts out. We got a couple miles down the road before i realized things were a little blurry. Kind of hard to enjoy the scenery when you can't see it! Still, it was nice just to drive.

I wish today could last longer. I'm thankful for sunshine in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed